• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you ever look smart in a short sleeved shirt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banning ties would be an excellent move.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've only had 1 job (which happened to be my first) in the past 15 years which required a tie.
      Worked at over 20 companies now and all but that one do not have a tie policy
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Rolled up sleeves. Short sleeves, smart looking, and you look like you've rolled them up to get down to business.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Rolled up sleeves. Short sleeves, smart looking, and you look like you've rolled them up to get down to business.
          I have a tattoo on my forearm so am reluctant to roll up my sleeves unless its really warm
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Some people can pull of the short sleeved shirt and tie combo and still look powerful

I used to come suited and booted to my last gig, the MD asked me to stop as it made him look scruffy, I politely told him that although ClientCo might not have a dress code MyCo does
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You need a good pair of suspenders too.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Some people can pull of the short sleeved shirt and tie combo and still look powerful

I used to come suited and booted to my last gig, the MD asked me to stop as the gimp suit made him uncomfortable, I politely told him that although ClientCo might not have a dress code MyCo does
                ftfy
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  They're both in a poly cotton mix, FFS!

INKSPE!

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post

INKSPE!
                    Doesn't need ironing.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post

INKSPE!
                      hey I work in my pyjamas so don't know what a shirt is. Unfortunately I have to actually go and meet customers again soon, but its a trip to Vienna!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X