• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors are like children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Not seeing any post from SMac in this thread?
    Permies are like children - they should be seen and not heard.

(Did I say she's LOUD?)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I can ALWAYS bullltulip for at least the 1st 2 weeks.

there is no end to the b0llocks you can convince the numpty permies is "useful groundwork"

And invoice.

Come on people - you're just not trying hard enough!
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Last time that happened to me I went home and told them to call me back in when I had a working pc and login.

Yes, I lost money but I can't bear the sheer torture of sitting round doing nothing while having to look busy.
        I have been the opposite and sat on the phone making sure my access was setup for the next day and was fully setup by the end of the week. The PM said it was normally 2 weeks to even get past the first step!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Permies are like children - they should be seen and not heard.

(Did I say she's LOUD?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

I can ALWAYS bullltulip for at least the 1st 2 weeks.

there is no end to the b0llocks you can convince the numpty permies is "useful groundwork"

And invoice.

FTFY
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I can ALWAYS find something to do in my 1st 2 weeks.

Create a PID for my time in project. Create a project approach. Dig out requirements. Build a stakeholder map. Begin a process architecture document. Create a PBS out of the architecture. Create an Excel spreadsheet plan out of the PBS.

And invoice.

I tend to learn the whole IT enterprise in about 1 week.
              Then I suss out who are the useful people, the useless, and the backstabbing liars in week 2.
              By the end of week 3 I've built an army of powerful allies at all levels of the food chain who I can deploy at will to crush opposition and fight my wars.
              By the end of week 4 I'm the CTO
              Week 5 I'm bored of the place, I hand in my notice then tap up Jobserve.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Then I suss out who are the useful people, the useless, and the backstabbing liars in week 2.
                By the end of week 3 I've built an army of powerful allies at all levels of the food chain who I can deploy at will to crush opposition and fight my wars.
                Why all the ******* around?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Another MF sockie?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Another MF sockie?
                    Ok, only weeks 1-3 are true

Comment

this will relax you!

Loud Howard on Dilbert.com
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X