Do people have a right to believe any old bollocks? Do people have a right to believe any old bollocks?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 37

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

Default Do people have a right to believe any old bollocks?

Discuss....
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

I can see where you're going with this. You,re becoming like me despairing of humanity. You'll be calling people cretins next.

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    Discuss....
    Only those with massive penises. Like me.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Fingers like lightning

Uncle Albert is NOT a disguised employee

As long as they believe in what they're told to believe in I don't see why not. It only gets dangerous when they try to think for themselves.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Contractor Among Contractors

CheeseSlice is a permanent contractor

People eat these. Do you believe it?

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

They have that right. They don't have the right to expect anybody else to believe it, though. When it can be clearly shown that their belief is a load of old bollocks, and that the contrary belief is correct, they should be allowed to carry on in their merry way, but only as long as they do no harm to others.

We don't allow people who believe the Great Panjandrum is going to feed the world with Air to starve their children, or other people, on those grounds; though they have the right to starve themselves.

For an equally stupid belief that is causing harm in real life right now, take the anti-vaccination brigade. The only way their beliefs can be justified is if one is prepared to abandon all sense of reason. So while they should be allowed to believe that garbage if they want to, their children should be vaccinated no matter what the parents believe, as otherwise both their children and others (adults as well as children) are put at risk of serious harm from disease and the diminution of the protection provided to society as a whole by herd immunity.

And don't even get me started on crazy stuff like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Capitalism…

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

One dumbass believed that they might win the lottery, there are 107 million reasons why this person is laughing right now
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    For an equally stupid belief that is causing harm in real life right now, take the anti-vaccination brigade. The only way their beliefs can be justified is if one is prepared to abandon all sense of reason. So while they should be allowed to believe that garbage if they want to, their children should be vaccinated no matter what the parents believe, as otherwise both their children and others (adults as well as children) are put at risk of serious harm from disease and the diminution of the protection provided to society as a whole by herd immunity.
    Angry scientist finds an uneducated internet comment and delivers an epic response... - quickmeme

Banned

Gittins Gal is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post

And don't even get me started on crazy stuff like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Capitalism…
    And Owen Jones...

Godlike

Doggy Styles is a permanent contractor

There but for the grace of God goes CUK...