• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The view before throwing myself down a black slope for the umpteenth time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe it's like shoe sizes - separate range for kids and adults. If you were 8 that would look quite scary.
    That looks like an easy slope, similar to ones I was skiing down in my first week of instruction, all those years ago.
    No way its a black, as others have noticed.
    I wonder why the OP reveals himself as a nincompoop with every post he makes.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I wonder why the OP reveals himself as a nincompoop with every post he makes.
      Probably to keep simpletons like you on tenterhooks. It seems he has a gift for getting both of your neurons in a tailspin anyway, causing you to foam at the mouth and take to the keyboard with ill-deserved confidence.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Hate to say it, but I agree with Sas !!

Even if the bit you can't see is steep for a short period, it would be blue tending to easy red.

Never black in a month of snowy sundays.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Probably to keep simpletons like you on tenterhooks. It seems he has a gift for getting both of your neurons in a tailspin anyway, causing you to foam at the mouth and take to the keyboard with ill-deserved confidence.

Ah bless - the fat working-class dolt seems to be back from his morning janitorial shift.
          Although why he'd want to comment on something so out of his ken and ability as a skiing thread is anyone's guess
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

A goodly lump of tedious and banal drivel deleted
            sg, I was careering down skiing slopes whilst you were still having your weedy face crammed with farleys rusks and the like.
            The military subsidise such pastimes to a hugely favourable degree. You might have found that out if you had not been too much of a sap ever to pass the medical.
            As it happens, the piccy posted by scooter does not look anything like the archetypal black run. But I wasn't going to let that prevent me from tweaking your snubby little nose!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              sg, I was careering down skiing slopes whilst you were still having your weedy face crammed with farleys rusks and the like.
              The military subsidise such pastimes to a hugely favourable degree. You might have found that out if you had not been too much of a sap ever to pass the medical.
              As it happens, the piccy posted by scooter does not look anything like the archetypal black run. But I wasn't going to let that prevent me from tweaking your snubby little nose!

No doubt your rear-echelon potato-peeling antics qualified you to occasionally roll down some of the simpler slopes reserved for your like, mainly on your large arse.
              That doesn't equate to the stylish, elegant and skilful moves your social betters perform on the better, more difficult slopes.

HTH, BIDI
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

This video starts at the exact same spot I did myself. At two minutes 20 secs in this clip you'll see the exact same shot as in my OP. I took the pic half way down in a lot worse conditions. Gradients were 70% at some places. You've no idea.

I'll tell you something else, yesterday when I did this slope it was full of humps! This video makes out like it were a groomed piste!

Last edited by scooterscot; 17 March 2014, 16:36.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That doesn't equate to the camp, mincing, effeminate, guileless moves that I routinely perform whilst shambling down the lower slopes with all the pizzazz and style of a cake decoration
                  ftfy

Let's be honest sas, anything more physically demanding than cribbage has you wheezing into your hanky. The idea that a weedy pigeon like you might even have the strength to pull a pair of skis on is frankly risible.

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 17 March 2014, 17:44.

Comment

Apparently this was the easy blue I went down

This is the steepest groomed slope in Kitzbühel with up to 70% gradient (35 degrees), which makes it one of the steepest groomed slopes in Europe. Or I need to be more accurate: "Mausefalle" section of Streif competition track in Kitzbühel has a 85% gradient, making it the steepest competition track in the world, but this section of the Streif is not groomed outside of competitions.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X