• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels in Dublin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels in Dublin

3 nights in July, while on holiday, just me and the missus. Any recommendations? Somewhere central (or easy to get to the centre), so Mrs NAT can shop, but otherwise a quiet area not too close to night-life.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

The Gibson near the 02 is nice, bit near docks but a cool place and not far from the Luas red line istr...

Comment

I would recommend the Hilton Doubletree right on the edge of the river.

Dublin Hotels - The Morrison Doubletree by Hilton Hotel - Ireland

Shopping is one block North Eastish. Temble bar area is one block across the river. It's one block from the Church which a lovely place to eat. We think about staying here everytime we go but always end up in the Paramount which is on Temple Bar. It's a great little hotel but it gets loud with revellers going home so not really a couples place.

If you want to impress then take her to The Morgan. Very swish looking place. Not actually stayed in the hotel but the bar below is very cool. I must say I don't know how it works with noise here though as it is on the Temple Bar. It would be a shame to think such a cool hotel suffers from the noise from the rabble. Can't see how it would work if it did.

Temple Bar Hotel,Boutique Hotels Dublin,Luxury Hotels Dublin- The Morgan Hotel Temple Bar

As you can probably tell the only place I ever go is the Temple Bar area and the odd trip to Copper Face Jacks so maybe my advise is not the best for a nice quite couples weekend.

Could point you in the direction of some decent late night poker and a strip joint but I have a funny feeling you won't be asking for those.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 22 March 2014, 18:49.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Last September I stayed in the O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel which was quite nice and very central
        O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel (Dublin, Ireland) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Comment

www.airbnb.com
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            ...If you want to impress then take her to The Morgan...
            She's not really impressed with swish places - prefers comfort and a home-like atmosphere. Also a bit too close to the bars.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Last September I stayed in the O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel which was quite nice and very central
            O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel (Dublin, Ireland) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
            All booked out for our dates.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            That worked - cheaper than a decent hotel and lot more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              She's not really impressed with swish places - prefers comfort and a home-like atmosphere. Also a bit too close to the bars.

All booked out for our dates.

That worked - cheaper than a decent hotel and lot more comfortable.
              I'm using airbnb all the time now when travelling for work or pleasure. The quality on offer is usually miles ahead of a dated hotel, a lot cheaper, home comforts, and you meet interesting people.

I noticed in Berlin hotels are becoming quite upset at the loss of business so much so that they have approached government to introduce a letting tax on private individuals. So far so failed, thank goodness.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've just booked my hire car from Dooleys. It comes with broadband internet - now that's a neat idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I've just booked my hire car from Dooleys. It comes with broadband internet - now that's a neat idea.
                  How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                    How does that work?
                    3G router like a Myfi thing

Comment

Working...
                    X