• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stealing People's Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    And don't get me started on the racism, I shared a flat with her. I was fine, but her windows were repeatedly pelted with eggs
    There are many, many Chinese students and Chinese businesses where I live, i.e. massage and nail parlours, takeaways, alternative medicine shops. Perhaps occasional incidents do happen, but certainly it is not common place at all. If anything, it's the Polish businesses (famous Polski Sklep) which are vehemently protested and vilified by traditional and social media, to the point that they are becoming rarity.

Luckily, for 15 years of living here, I was subject to open racist abuse only a few times (not counting insults regularly hurled at me by the well known CUK poster).
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
      I was fine, but her windows were repeatedly pelted with eggs

This sort of casual racism...
      Interesting definition of "casual racism"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Interesting definition of "casual racism"
        I guess it's not formal with uniforms, just on your way home from work stopping for a bit of casual racism.

Comment

It's causal racism you really should've been worrying about.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I used to work for Royal Mail in their Customer Service Department when I was in college so know a thing or two about their "service".

1) If you want a package/letter to arrive at it's destination, use Special Delivery and not Recorded Delivery. Recorded Delivery is useless, it's the same as first class, isn't guaranteed and but it's signed for on delivery - that's if the postie can be bothered waiting for you to answer the door, most of the time they sign it themselves and post it through.
            2) Anything that classed as "lost/missing" must be undelivered for 14 working days before it's classed as lost/missing.
            2) Don't use Royal Mail.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
              1)
              2)
              2)
              Great counting skills

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
                I used to work for Royal Mail in their Customer Service Department when I was in college so know a thing or two about their "service".

1) If you want a package/letter to arrive at it's destination, use Special Delivery and not Recorded Delivery. Recorded Delivery is useless, it's the same as first class, isn't guaranteed and but it's signed for on delivery - that's if the postie can be bothered waiting for you to answer the door, most of the time they sign it themselves and post it through.
                2) Anything that classed as "lost/missing" must be undelivered for 14 working days before it's classed as lost/missing.
                2) Don't use Royal Mail.

GE
                Did the posties sign for the letter themselves most of the time, or in most of the cases that found themselves with the customer service department. There is a big difference and your clarification would be valuable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Was it posted to the Wong address?
                    Wight address, Wong person.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X