• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Folding Bike Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folding Bike Recommendations

Your recommendations? This one seems nice and (suspiciously) inexpensive, anything I should know about?

Ferrari Genuine Folding Bike - Red, 20 Inch: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferrari-Scud.../dp/B00GDGH63Y
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Hello,

I have this as my all year commuter:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/hoptown-5...d_8166534.html

Your wheel size is the same: its a Jnr BMX size and a b@gger to get hold of in haste. Anything non-brompton expect a delay on component replacement unless you can find a really good local dahone supplier.

3 years in I am on the 3rd back wheel, 2nd chain set, about 5th brakepad replacment, 2nd set of tires with goo in but only about 3 punctures.

Love the bike though its great fun, folding = under my desk.

Foe that price I'd go brompton; easier when things go wrong.

Comment

What model of folding bike would, say, a rich banker or MF ride if the chauffeur had the day off and/or they were over the drink drive limit?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I have one of these

which unfolds to this

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          What model of folding bike would, say, a rich banker or MF ride if the chauffeur had the day off and/or they were over the drink drive limit?
          A heavily reinforced one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            A heavily reinforced one?
            That would suit me too, not that I'm built like Fatty Arbuckle but I don't fancy some cheap lightweight thing that needs parts replacing every few miles! (More on account of the hassle than the expense, and the inconvenience of the thing actually breaking down while in use)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Landrover had one for sale for £150 last summer - so wish I had snapped that up.

Comment

I have one of these and am very happy with it:
                Link D8 | Tern Folding Bike and Folding Bicycle Accessories | Singapore

The above bike cost me £375 from Evans. New models are about £400. Folds in about 15 seconds and does the job for commuting. Its pretty agile and while it won't hold its speed on a flat, I've got it up to 32mph downhill before now.

If you want a folding bike with the most compact fold, then you're looking at a Brompton but it will cost you twice as much.

Comment

This is a proper contractors folding bike. Paid for by the company so double bonus

IF Mode Folding Bike – at last a really cool folding bicycle, at a price… | The Red Ferret Journal
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    I have one of these and am very happy with it:
                    Link D8 | Tern Folding Bike and Folding Bicycle Accessories | Singapore

The above bike cost me £375 from Evans. New models are about £400. Folds in about 15 seconds and does the job for commuting. Its pretty agile and while it won't hold its speed on a flat, I've got it up to 32mph downhill before now.

If you want a folding bike with the most compact fold, then you're looking at a Brompton but it will cost you twice as much.
                    A tern won at the last folding bike race at the London Crit: had carbon wheels though but beat all the pimped up bromptons. And the prize was .... a Tern folding bike...

Comment

Working...
                    X