• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

find of the day - fresh coffee on the go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find of the day - fresh coffee on the go

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-...e=UTF8&index=0

any positive experiences?

one day at a time

I've seen travel cups and personal cafetieres but is this really both in one? You shovel in ground coffee and hot water and then drink it, or keep it hot leaving the grounds to stew the whole time?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyliss-Cafet...esh+coffee+mug

"Simply put in the ground coffee, add hot water, and press the fine mesh filter to brew fresh coffee!"

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        Yep, I have two.
        Absolutely brilliant.
        Note though that it's for the office and not travel.
        Pays for itself very quickly and then you can get a couple of weeks of good coffee for the price of one or two tulipe ones from the client's canteen.
        One usage note is to ensure that the seal stays in the correct position or you get an explosion of coffee grounds into your coffee.

I do also have a bodum travel version that gets a lot of use and the only gripe I have is that it could be bigger.

Comment

Oh I see. I've used similar things where you rest a little drip-filter on top of your mug (either disposable or reusable) and while I wouldn't say it's amazing, it is fresh real coffee.

I used to just have a personal cafetiere on my desk years ago, this product seems worth it though for convenience as long as it properly seals the grounds away even when taking the last mouthful.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I thought this site was for contractors. How about one of these? I know, the paint job's not very appealing, but one could make enquiries as to the possibility of building such apparatus into an aging Daimler Six.

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 26 March 2014, 20:50.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

One of the permies in the team I'm working with has one, think he said he got it for under a fiver. He certainly uses it a lot so it must work well.

We tend to have at least one caffetiere (sp?) on the go most of the day as loads of hardened coffee addicts so unless he's got some oddball taste in coffee it must make a decent cup to compete.

Comment

Had one for years, get with it .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  Had one for years, get with it .....
                  What, a Mini with an espresso machine?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Noooo the cup, but there is a similar espresso car at south quay and narrow st in landan

Comment

Working...
                    X