• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Indians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Would you still want to clean them?
    I don't want to clean toilets of any kind, even my own.

They make a mess not because they're dirty filthy Indians, but because our toilets are unfamiliar to them so they use them wrong. Just as theirs probably would be to us.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
      Just wondering what proportion of the people you work with on a daily basis are Indian.

80% here.

And while I don't want to make disparaging comments and generalise about Indian folks, I really am reaching the conclusion that I just don't have the patience to deal with them any more.

The people I work with remind me of the Viz character Roger Irrelevant. Every time there is a technical issue, one of them will chip in with a load of guff. By the time you've worked out what They are saying you realise it's all a load of old cobblers.

Net result is that now, in any meeting, when one of them starts talking I'm thinking "shut tfu!".

This, I realise, isn't particularly charitable but there you go.

Anyone else have to waste bits of their lives dealing with this?
      Nope, MoD, no elephant washers, rag-heads or pikeys allowed.

Comment

0% on current.

I've worked in a 100% (close anyway!) Indian environment once. One kinda knew what he was doing. Another one was pleasant enough. The whole place had a "we haven't got a fooking clue" smell in the air though.
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

1 out of India, damn sharp...

4 born here, about average ability. 1 takes conspicuously long lunch breaks. 2nd ok. Third who will solve any damn problem thrown at him. 4th is a permie who must have been promised some seriously big bonus, works his tail off.

As for stink, we have an old woman in with us...she DOES fcking smell of must. Nobody's told her.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
            1 out of India, damn sharp...

4 born here, about average ability. 1 takes conspicuously long lunch breaks. 2nd ok. Third who will solve any damn problem thrown at him. 4th is a permie who must have been promised some seriously big bonus, works his tail off.

As for stink, we have an old woman in with us...she DOES fcking smell of must. Nobody's told her.
            What, fermenting grapes? She's probably a right old soak. Get her down the pub, you may get your leg over

Comment

One Scot, One Polish, One American, the rest all English
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Aren't there signs on the bogs which basically stated clean up after your bloody selves you dirty ****ers?

Every place I've been where there is a massive group of Indians shipped directly over from India in the building there are, though generally it's the men who seem to have the most problems with the toilets.
                The footprints and tulip on the loo seat is usually a giveaway, that and randoms washing their feet in the sink
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

No Indians on site: 40% English with the rest made up of Poles, Latvians & Irish

We will have Indians doing the yard slabs in June
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Mixed bag of nationalities here.

The Indian doing support is great and carries his entire team who are Chinese, Scandinavian and some sort of Slav. Without him we would be in trouble as his colleagues are hopeless.

The two Indians doing development are not good and one of them sometimes smells a bit unwashed. No-one says anything about the smell because of the race issue but all the others don't smell so it's quite obviously not a race issue, it's just one person who stinks. Nevertheless, no-one is brave enough to go down that road in case it leads to HR.

In the wider business there are thousands with loads here and a huge presence in India itself.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
                      Mixed bag of nationalities here.

The Indian doing support is great and carries his entire team who are Chinese, Scandinavian and some sort of Slav. Without him we would be in trouble as his colleagues are hopeless.

The two Indians doing development are not good and one of them sometimes smells a bit unwashed. No-one says anything about the smell because of the race issue but all the others don't smell so it's quite obviously not a race issue, it's just one person who stinks. Nevertheless, no-one is brave enough to go down that road in case it leads to HR.

In the wider business there are thousands with loads here and a huge presence in India itself.
                      I used to have to sit in a team full of indians. The mornings were ok but the stench of BO got steadily worse as the day progressed. By evening time it stunk to eye watering levels. I complained but nothing was done. So I went out and bought a load of car air fresjeners and sat them all around my desk.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X