• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you go to a gay wedding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be interesting for divorces if they have children, who will the family courts discriminate against if it's two men ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I'm amazed the government has brought in this law and allowed for, or at least not made it clear, discrimination by the church. No matter how you look at it, for a church to refuse someone for no other reason than their sexuality is discrimination based on sexuality, and that's meant to be illegal.

But maybe I'm a brainwashed Stalinist. If I am, I had no idea.
      I haven't read my bible for a while but I'm pretty sure that homosexuality, or more specifically, sodomy is proscribed in there somewhere. People are always banging on about separation of church and state - seems they have no problem when it's the state sticking its nose in the church's business.

Not everyone is 100% comfortable with the way this gay agenda has been thrust to the fore. Take the gay adoption thing. I don't really mind a gay couple adopting a child in certain extenuating circumstances but I always suspected that the legislation would be used by mischief makers as a tool of subversion. And, indeed, there have been several cases of kids being taken away from relatives who have stepped in in the event of the child's parents dying because (in one case at least) they were too old and not up to the task (according to the social workers). So off the poor child went to a gay couple when it could have been with its grandparents. Sorry, that is just SO wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Should be interesting for divorces if they have children, who will the family courts discriminate against if it's two men ?
        Against the more socially dysfunctional one.

Comment

Yep but don't think I know any gay people enough. All very dull and straight in my village.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm pretty sure that many of those who are morally outraged against anyone who thinks that gay marriage shouldn't be a legal concept would, 47 years ago have been just as morally outraged concerning the decriminalisation of homosexual acts. I.e. they're just herd followers. It's a shame really, in that it precludes any rational discussion of whether gay marriage is a good thing or not.

Frankly, having gone down the route, why not go the whole hog and allow any adults, regardless of gender, to register as legal recognised partnerships. We could really simplify things by abolishing marriage and civil partnerships, and just having private limited companies with shareholders!

If I were invited to the wedding of any of my gay friends, I'd go. But I'd probably feel very unstylish.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm pretty sure that many of those who are morally outraged against anyone who thinks that gay marriage shouldn't be a legal concept would, 47 years ago have been just as morally outraged concerning the decriminalisation of homosexual acts. I.e. they're just herd followers. It's a shame really, in that it precludes any rational discussion of whether gay marriage is a good thing or not.

Frankly, having gone down the route, why not go the whole hog and allow any adults, regardless of gender, to register as legal recognised partnerships. We could really simplify things by abolishing marriage and civil partnerships, and just having private limited companies with shareholders!

If I were invited to the wedding of any of my gay friends, I'd go. But I'd probably feel very unstylish.
              Can you have more than two shareholders?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

There's a gap between not thinking gay marriage should have been legalised and, now that it has, refusing to go to a gay friend's wedding. I wonder if the people who wouldn't go to the wedding would have gone to a civil partnership ceremony?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  There's a gap between not thinking gay marriage should have been legalised and, now that it has, refusing to go to a gay friend's wedding. I wonder if the people who wouldn't go to the wedding would have gone to a civil partnership ceremony?
                  My only concern is that frankly the pieces don't fit. Could you imagine trying to make a Lego tower with by fitting the pieces smooth side or sticky out side together. Some things are just not meant to be.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    My only concern is that frankly the pieces don't fit. Could you imagine trying to make a Lego tower with by fitting the pieces smooth side or sticky out side together. Some things are just not meant to be.
                    I think it's more like stickle bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                      Gay divorce? That's an abomination!!

I would find it hilarious if they'd forgotten to make it legal to divorce your same-sex partner though.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Can you have more than two shareholders?
                      What about A & B shares?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X