• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rumble in the Beeb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    They say that every week about Question Time. And every week its a bunch of howling lefties in the audience.

Still might be wrong. I shall watch and compare the audience/questions with the LBC debate last week.
    I had to stop watching Question Time. I'm sure it used to to be better. After one week of wanting to put a fist / boot through the TV I thought it was a one off. After several consecutive weeks of it I had to accept that I wasn't going to see an intelligent debate anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      No one will win. Some people will lose an hour of their life. I pity them.
      I won't. I shall visit the gym, then go to an Italian restaurant for a pizza, then I shall watch Café Corsari on Belgian TV.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They say that every week about Question Time. And every week its a bunch of howling lefties in the audience.

Still might be wrong. I shall watch and compare the audience/questions with the LBC debate last week.
        Maybe most people's views are a simply a little to the left of yours. That would correspond with elections, where AFAIK the total votes for Labour and LibDem are greater than the votes for Conservatives and UKIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          I had to stop watching Question Time. I'm sure it used to to be better. After one week of wanting to put a fist / boot through the TV I thought it was a one off. After several consecutive weeks of it I had to accept that I wasn't going to see an intelligent debate anymore.
          WHS. I quite like listening to the politicians, for the most part, but can't cope with the sub-humanoid drongos they let into the audience.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Innerestingly, I heard that this isn't the case from a very surprising source. None other than the great Dellers himself who has guested on qt in the past.

He just thinks that lefties are shrill and noisy by nature while more conservative people are quieter. And also people are less likely to wear right wing views as a badge of honour like the lefties do because it's not very fashionable so they keep quiet about their views.

Of course, this could be a load of old tripe but I thought I'd throw it into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Maybe most people's views are a simply a little to the left of yours. That would correspond with elections, where AFAIK the total votes for Labour and LibDem are greater than the votes for Conservatives and UKIP.
              Well you maybe correct there. But generally speaking there's maybe about 30% of the people who are left wing, 30% right wing and 40% in the middle. The QT audience seems heavily weighted to the 30% lefties

Comment

I may have been a little harsh on the BBC.

That was a pretty fair debate. The audience and dimblebore were perhaps even slightly weighted in Nigels favour. Well, well.
                Last edited by Flashman; 2 April 2014, 19:15.

Comment

I may have been a little harsh on the BBC.

That was a pretty fair debate. The audience and dimblebore were perhaps even slightly weighted in Nigels favour. Well, well.
                  I missed it. Did Nige come out on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                    I missed it. Did Nige come out on top?
                    Nigel had a rocky start with the Ukraine, Syria and Putin but finished strongly. At the end Clegg refused to answer the question on what was point of voting in the next general election if the EU runs everything.

YouGov's snap poll gives the debate to Mr Farage by 68% to 27%, a larger margin than last week.

Clegg's toast.

The Europhiles are finished.

Vive la revolution!

Comment

In other news, the gym was good; some quite tasty female specimens, then off I went ot the Italian restaurant where I had a canneloni instead of my usual pizza, and it was delicious. Belgian TV was good too, showing a collection of rather fit female bicycle racers. Did I miss some middle aged farty politicians on BBC?

Comment

Working...
                      X