• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What a disaster! How did you cope?
    Obviously caused lasting damage to your small-penised ego.
    I coped fine, thanks. I suppose I should have added that I was doing a lot of long distance driving at the time - the Ka was actually a lot of fun around town, but it's no motorway cruiser.

But if you need to believe the story highlights my need for expensive cars, then go ahead - my current car is probably worth less than the battered Ka.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Many moons ago I parked my shiny new company car in a car park. Someone had parked their silly 4x4 across two spaces, but there was enough room for me to budge in next to him in the very last space before the entrance/exit. Anyway, I was rushing when I came out and completely forgot about the little bollards and, because I was half over the exit, I just steered towards it and drove straight over the ******* thing.
      That was the other thing that happened to me in a car park in Bath a few years ago.

There was a double row of spaces & after I'd parked & got back to my car it looked like I could just drive straight out through the empty space in front of me. Big mistake as there was a line of tiny bollards dividing the 2 rows but they were so short you couldn't see them from inside the car so I experienced that sickening crunch again.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Great start to the day.

Bathroom sprung a leak. Couldn't close stopcock in kitchen because it seems to have seized up so popped into plumbers merchants to get a stopcock key.

They didn't have one..

So jumped into car to head up to next plumbers merchants & KERRUNCH. I reversed into the remnants of some metal barrier - just a little metal stump about 2 feet high. I didn't see it & neither did my reversing indicator.

Ripped off the whole back end of the car - all the plastic bits anyway.

I f*****g HATE carparks
        Ooof, bad luck

I almost did the same, or rather someone else almost did, in Tesco's car park on saturday.

Was reversing gingerly out of a space when someone, whose gender shall remain nameless, drove past like a bat out of hell - Must have been doing at least 30, in the car park _and_ close to the crowded section almost next to the supermarket. Another half a second and there would have been a major prang, either the back of my car or swerving into some trolley and toddler laden pedestrian.

Flippin' women, er (sorry, ignore that slip), bad drivers!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Nasty :-(

Hope the week gets better!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The official CUK guide to how to use a car park

1. Select your car park wisely. Would you really park the Rolls in Sainsburys?
            2. Choose your space wisely. If choosing a space "in space" remember that others less capable than yourself my well park too close on both sides. If driving solo, consider "budging up" against another car on the driver's side so you dictate the distance between cars.
            3. Never rely on parking sensors as they may well not give you the whole story. Rather, learn how to drive first, and maybe only then drive around in an old banger for 18 months or so until you really master the art of parking.
            4. Never drive forward into a vacant space from your space as you never know what is lurking as a divider between the rows.
            5. If so minded to drive forward from your space into a vacant space in the next row, before boarding your vehicle, check for obstructions between the rows that may impede your progress.
            6. Once parked, and having left your vehicle always check the surroundings for anything that may make exiting your parking space difficult. Check for small inanimate objects, large inanimate objects, small animate objects and large animate objects.
            7. Try your hardest to get the car in the box. Those white boxes aren't painted on the ground for fun. If possible try and get the space between each side of your car and the painted box to be equal.
            8. Crunching sounds are generally bad. In the event of parking in a box that has a barrier at one end, try and bring the car to a halt before nudging said barrier.
            9. If you have trouble with either 7 or 8, consider driving a woman's car such as the Ford Ka. Should be easier to park, and if you do have a prang, it's only a Ford Ka. And probably a hire car anyway.
            10. Don't allow Wurzel to Valet park for you under any circumstances.

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              10. Don't allow Wurzel to Valet park for you under any circumstances.
              HTH
              I did that job for a while in the States.

No accidents but I smashed off a few indicator levers jumping into old ladies' coupés in a rush when I didn't have time to adjust the seat.

No tips from them

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                I did that job for a while in the States.

No accidents but I smashed off a few indicator levers jumping into old ladies' coupés in a rush when I didn't have time to adjust the seat.

No tips from them
                You're just an accident waiting to happen, aren't you?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X