• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunch

Great start to the day.

Bathroom sprung a leak. Couldn't close stopcock in kitchen because it seems to have seized up so popped into plumbers merchants to get a stopcock key.

They didn't have one..

So jumped into car to head up to next plumbers merchants & KERRUNCH. I reversed into the remnants of some metal barrier - just a little metal stump about 2 feet high. I didn't see it & neither did my reversing indicator.

Ripped off the whole back end of the car - all the plastic bits anyway.

I f*****g HATE carparks

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Great start to the day.

Bathroom sprung a leak. Couldn't close stopcock in kitchen because it seems to have seized up so popped into plumbers merchants to get a stopcock key.

They didn't have one..

So jumped into car to head up to next plumbers merchants & KERRUNCH. I reversed into the remnants of some metal barrier - just a little metal stump about 2 feet high. I didn't see it & neither did my reversing indicator.

Ripped off the whole back end of the car - all the plastic bits anyway.

I f*****g HATE carparks
    That's tulipty bud

Hope you car was old and crappy and you were thinking about getting a new one.

I spose in hindsight it would have been cheaper to call a plumber.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I spose in hindsight it would have been cheaper to call a plumber.
      It nearly always is.

Comment

Aaaagh! Bummer

Comment

I didn't see it & neither did my reversing indicator.
          I feel bad for you but this was either an accident or you've softened up your driving responsibilities.

Make your choice, but don't blame the indicator.

If you'd reversed into an old lady and the indicator didn't work, would it be your fault or the indicator's?

Sorry just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            I feel bad for you but this was either an accident or you've softened up your driving responsibilities.

Make your choice, but don't blame the indicator.

If you'd reversed into an old lady and the indicator didn't work, would it be your fault or the indicator's?

Sorry just sayin'
            Yep. Probably.

Never had a road accident in a car but this is not the first time Ive fallen foul of some knee height obstacle in a carpark. Fortunately, they've all been inanimate.

Comment

Yep. Probably.

Never had a road accident in a car but this is not the first time Ive fallen foul of some knee height obstacle in a carpark. Fortunately, they've all been inanimate.
              An Old lady would probably have done less damage.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                An Old lady would probably have done less damage.

You'd still hear the crunch.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yep. Probably.

Many moons ago I parked my shiny new company car in a car park. Someone had parked their silly 4x4 across two spaces, but there was enough room for me to budge in next to him in the very last space before the entrance/exit. Anyway, I was rushing when I came out and completely forgot about the little bollards and, because I was half over the exit, I just steered towards it and drove straight over the ******* thing.

For a whole week I had to drive around in an absolutely battered canary yellow Ford Ka courtesy car!

I also have the dubious honour of crashing a hire while another company car was being fixed - in fairness, my car was parked up the first time and the second time happened because someone reversed out of a parking space into me. And he was in a courtesy car, too Took some ribbing over that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

For a whole week I had to drive around in an absolutely battered canary yellow Ford Ka courtesy car!
                    What a disaster! How did you cope?
                    Obviously caused lasting damage to your small-penised ego.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X