• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More of a "pop" than a "boom"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of a "pop" than a "boom"

As mentioned, I was looking forward to some well-earned bench time after this week.

Just been asked if I can do another quick project. Just another month, but hey, it's billable time

:ambivalentbanana:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As mentioned, I was looking forward to some well-earned bench time after this week.

Just been asked if I can do another quick project. Just another month, but hey, it's billable time

:ambivalentbanana:
    I think both SimonMac and myself are in the same boat. Contract goes to mid June, interest in project now rapidly descending below Meh.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I think both SimonMac and myself are in the same toilet cubicle. Contract goes to mid June, interest in project now rapidly descending below Meh.....
        FTFY....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          FTFY....
          Trust you to lower the tone
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Congrats

Are you still based at the Cambridge Science Park?

I've been renewed until the end of the year, but once I move to Devon the weekly commute will be a drag.

Any suggestions for the quickest daytime route from Cambridge to, say, Bristol? I presume M11, M25, M4 isn't necessarily it on a friday evening at 6pm (although it is probably fairly optimal going the other way at 10pm on a sunday).

I plotted what looked quite a good one skirting Milton Keynes and down past Oxford towards Swindon. But I suspect that would involve literally dozens of roundabouts round M.K.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Congrats

Are you still based at the Cambridge Science Park?

I've been renewed until the end of the year, but once I move to Devon the weekly commute will be a drag.
              Gosh! Really OH? I thought you were a Landener through and through!
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A month is a month is a month.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Have a doughnut or two....

Comment

And a beer:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X