• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Cautionary Tale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why there is a thread about this but I will bite.

I don't trust agents.

So every time I get a contract extension I check to see if they have changed anything.

I only had one agent do this on me so far.

I crossed out the changes, signed the contract and sent the contract back to arrive on the date the new contract was to start.

The agent got p*ssed so said I was still on the old contract until the new contract could be agreed.

The changes in the contract were basically more admin and some additional clauses for me. Eventually only one of the changes I agreed to which was about admin.

The agent then did this again when I got another extension with different clauses. So I did it again.

I didn't get the changes reviewed for IR35 because I didn't see the need to get something like you must send in a paper copy of your invoice and time sheet as well as an electronic copy as something that needed to be reviewed. (I told the agent to f*** off over this with a good legal reason why the paper copy wasn't going to be posted over.)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X