• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Agency confirms independent Scotland set for Triple-A credit rating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Scotland. Don't let the door hit you in the arse when you go.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Good luck England. No peeking through the door.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No I wish them all the best. They've wanted independence from England for 800 years or so, about time they had it IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
          US reacted hysterically because of this:
          Well no, the US reacted hysterically because its credit rating was slashed and then tried to vindictively go after S&P. It's the timing of its decision that lends credibility to this.

Besides, my point isn't that these agencies did a good job but that they were acting on the basis of 'common wisdom' at the time. If they had sounded the alarm bells, as some contrarian investors did, they would have been no less ridiculed by the media, who (like now) thought the market could only go one way: up. Bank regs (e.g. Basel) also played a role in this, in terms of the risk-weightings they assigned to assets like sovereign debt.
          Last edited by Zero Liability; 10 April 2014, 21:29.

Comment

I'm looking forward to independence. I've heard from 3 different firms in the last week who have claimed nothing will change, they will be staying in Scotland.

Well its partly true, the junior jobs will stay there, senior management will be moving back to England.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No I wish them all the best. They've wanted independence from England for 800 years or so, about time they had it IMHO.
              The country needs change. This could be the kick up the backside the UK needs.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I'm looking forward to independence. I've heard from 3 different firms in the last week who have claimed nothing will change, they will be staying in Scotland.

Well its partly true, the junior jobs will stay there, senior management will be moving back to England.
                England needs more management. Especially Manchester united.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  England needs more management. Especially Manchester united.
                  wish I could say more but Leeds and Newcastle are going to do very well out of the divorce....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    wish I could say more but Leeds and Newcastle are going to do very well out of the divorce....
                    People can move their if they wish it's a free country.

Newcastle is a hole though.

Comment

I am thinking ... all this comes as England depleted North Sea oil reserves ...

If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                      X