• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

D>I>V>O>R>C>E

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    As for buying a telly, window shop at currys but go to john Lewis and get the 5 year warranty... Amazon
    We got our new Panasonic from John Lewis a couple of months ago. Same price as Amazon, but with the 5 year warranty that was not on offer on Amazon.

42" LED 3D Smart TV.

3D (passive) a bit pointless - I have bought a couple of 3D blu-rays (that come with 2D also) but not watched them yet. At first it was a novelty being able to turn any TV show, or RedYoutube video into 3D, but don't bother much anymore.
    Smart TV very useful - use it for Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer, etc. There's a subscription / pay per view movie app also (Wuaki I think) that is OK but not great (no HD / 5.1). I don't want to faff about with separate devices for this - much prefer it all built in.

Comment

Samsung 65" Smart TV 8000 series I think, bought through Currys as it was cheaper and it came with the 5 year guarantee for free.

Magic bit of kit. Kids like the 3D, although I can't see 3D, so it's as good as tits on a bull in that regard. Allows streaming, Skype (although it's a bit scary having people come through full screen on it) and internet browsing plus applications.

If I didn't have to work, I'd watch it all day long. Well, if I was allowed to.

Comment

Working...
      X