• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next physical media

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For high value content, hard disk is already an option. I know of large sample libraries and similar that are 100s of GB and ship on a USB drive.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
      Was that two dual layer blurays ?, that could be up to 100gig of data
      I dunno. Here's an example: Play.com - Buy The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition Box Set (15 Discs) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

From the Special Features tab "Each film is spread across two Blu-ray discs in order to present them in the highest possible picture quality. "

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        I think it is usually 720p you are watching rather than the full HD BluRay experience, but I imagine we will get there in good time.
        It's more about the data rates. HDTV (i.e. Sky/Freesat/Freeview) is essentially the same format as BluRay, but the data rates will be lower on average and peak less, but the average viewer isn't going to know the difference. If I download an HD programme from iPlayer on my Sky box, it typically reports the size as about 3.5GB for an hour, so that works out about 4.5Mb/s, which I think is about half you get from a proper HD broadcast, and about half again as Blu Ray. But clearly that's a choice made by the BBC on how the likely speed of the end user's broadband, and how much they want to spend on their servers and links.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          Flash cards of some sort?
          Sapphire disks or memory cards? They can make pure sapphire crystals the size of a bucket these days (literally), and at the end of the day it is only a fancy form of aluminium oxide.

Another advantage is that it is very hard, and so can be kicked around all over the place without being scratched.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X