• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DM does a good deed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
    The above communicates a lot about you. You struggle no matter what, you struggle for the sake of struggling. I wrote that you knew nothing about me yet your own anger boils over into:
    Oh how clever we are taking a three word reply to a question about whether I have been poor and twisting it beyond all recognition. You must be ever so proud of that one.

What's 'moronic' about your comment above is the simple fact that your anger boils down to myself highlighting how the foodbank person did not ask the DM reporter for proof of JSA income. The thread is about the supposed bad behaviour of the DM towards foodbanks. I asked a simple question and you swooped in with negativity and complete irrelevance. You're obviously angry about not being poor, just like our property rich leftie political class eh?
    What anger? I'm pointing out you come across as a lazy troll because you are asking for definitions of everyday words and questioning my background (as if that's relevant somehow) rather than making an actual point. There is no anger and it's not an insult.

And then you write the following:

I didn't ask you a question. I told you that you do not know anything about me, and you still don't. However, I know a lot about you and that's you're a very sad individual.

Good luck with your life.

P.S. and after insulting me, you then have the wierdness to 'like' my posts? As Peter Jones would say: "I'm out"...sorry guys.
    What a load of pointless vitriol. Not to mention a lot of jumping to conclusions. And you feel a need to PM to tell me you are going to ignore me. Really? Because I pointed out that there are poor people who aren't claiming JSA? And you want to tell me I'm a sad individual. Get a life FFS.

BTW I "liked" your post by accident while trying to leave a neg rep. Don't get too excited.
    Last edited by doodab; 20 April 2014, 23:48.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Surely there are people working and suffering but not claiming JSA through either pride or ignorance that deserve assistance from the Food Bank, there are so many possiblities WRT to what constitutes necessity and let's face it, the reporter (was it DM?) was basically a prick looking for an angle....

Comment

The TT have been for a long time using numbers they have collated to make claims about the state of the economy, government and welfare system, they announce these figures like they are unemployment figures and make claims about things getting worse or better. I think it is a valid point to make that these figures are really meaningless.

Of course they have received more money in the last few days so they will be able to give more free meals out now which they will interpret as a worsening of the economic situation where really it could be interpreted as the exact opposite.

Our welfare system is broken by implementation, it is managed poorly and the staff are by and large idiots, I do not believe that amounts people are meant to be given are unnecessarily low or force undue amounts of hardship so I distrust the motives of people who continually attack the system at the political level.

Comment

Have you ever struggled to make ends meet? Please define 'poor'...you've gone from 'working poor' to 'poor'. Define either one please.

You know nothing about me.
          I do. You're behaving like a complete feckwit.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I do. You're behaving like a complete feckwit.
            Ftfy but I find you have to be explicitly clear when dealing with complete feckwits

And that was before I read doodabs post above. After reading that I think feckwit is being generous.
            Last edited by eek; 21 April 2014, 07:59.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              The TT have been for a long time using numbers they have collated to make claims about the state of the economy, government and welfare system, they announce these figures like they are unemployment figures and make claims about things getting worse or better. I think it is a valid point to make that these figures are really meaningless.

Of course they have received more money in the last few days so they will be able to give more free meals out now which they will interpret as a worsening of the economic situation where really it could be interpreted as the exact opposite.

Our welfare system is broken by implementation, it is managed poorly and the staff are by and large idiots, I do not believe that amounts people are meant to be given are unnecessarily low or force undue amounts of hardship so I distrust the motives of people who continually attack the system at the political level.
              Food banks are about extreme poverty, not the economy per se.

But I am interested to hear your views on the withdrawal of adult DLA payments and the delays in assessing people for the replacement PIP. Do you think this may play a part in driving demand for food banks?
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Food banks are about extreme poverty, not the economy per se.

But I am interested to hear your views on the withdrawal of adult DLA payments and the delays in assessing people for the replacement PIP. Do you think this may play a part in driving demand for food banks?
                On the first point food banks are used as a political football and constantly get mentioned when the economy is talked about, food poverty in this country is massively exaggerated by the left, I don't believe that extreme poverty exits in this country and it is laughable to suggest it does.

Comment

The above communicates a lot about you. You struggle no matter what, you struggle for the sake of struggling. I wrote that you knew nothing about me yet your own anger boils over into:

What's 'moronic' about your comment above is the simple fact that your anger boils down to myself highlighting how the foodbank person did not ask the DM reporter for proof of JSA income. The thread is about the supposed bad behaviour of the DM towards foodbanks. I asked a simple question and you swooped in with negativity and complete irrelevance. You're obviously angry about not being poor, just like our property rich leftie political class eh?

And then you write the following:

I didn't ask you a question. I told you that you do not know anything about me, and you still don't. However, I know a lot about you and that's you're a very sad individual.

Good luck with your life.

P.S. and after insulting me, you then have the wierdness to 'like' my posts? As Peter Jones would say: "I'm out"...sorry guys.
                  Are you cut out to be a CUK contributor?
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Define the working poor? Who is a poor worker? But before you start, please tell me your own background and what qualifies you to identify someone as the 'working poor'.
                    Doodab is right. My qualification for saying this is that the people running the local foodbank are friends of mine - foodbanks are a great example of churches supporting secular charities.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      On the first point food banks are used as a political football and constantly get mentioned when the economy is talked about, food poverty in this country is massively exaggerated by the left, I don't believe that extreme poverty exits in this country and it is laughable to suggest it does.
                      You seem to have a thorough understanding of poverty and the benefit system. What do you make of the DLA / PIP business?
                      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                      X