• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professionalism II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a sort of attitude to suppliers of 'well they can suffer if they want OUR business' when they talk about them in larger companies.

Unfortunately its a problem if you only have a single customer. I have frequently seen large companies try to screw suppliers down to below cost price, only a few times have I seen the suppliers manage the customer out after this happened.

The prestige of having a Fortune 500 company as a customer seems to mean more than losing money to some firms or worse they have no other customers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Well it may or may not be the case. But it's the only reason I can think of that someone wouldn't say "hold on guys... it'll be cheaper and easier to just wait until each contract expires individually" like dhoog suggested.

With that being said, judging by the ****tards I'm working with at the moment I guess I'm having hight expectations when it comes to logic & common sense.
      then they wouldn't get their bonus for cutting contractor costs in one stroke!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X