• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its near Paddington station the done thing would be to stay somewhere near one of the stations within travelling distance on the train. depending on your tastes reading, Windsor, slough, and a lot more are do able. The price of the train will be more than compensated by the reduction in price of accommodation. Or pull in your first week and stay with them

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      if its near Paddington station the done thing would be to stay somewhere near one of the stations within travelling distance on the train. depending on your tastes reading, Windsor, slough, and a lot more are do able. The price of the train will be more than compensated by the reduction in price of accommodation. Or pull in your first week and stay with them
      Come to Sunny Slough. 25 minutes on the train.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Nope could do London cheaply if I wanted to (could stay with family)
        Are your family happy for you to offer pj a room in their house?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are your family happy for you to offer pj a room in their house?
          Not likely but You wouldn't want to commute from there to paddington anyway. It's an utter faf Windsor or Reading would be far easier to get to and from
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I always stay somewhere within easy reach of a terminus Tube station. You're guaranteed to get a seat for the commute in the morning, and accommodation's cheaper further out. Then in the evening head to a pub near ClientCo for dinner and miss the rush hour going back

Comment

for pj!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                My contract is in Slough and stay in a hotel monday to friday in Slough but catch a train to Windsor in the evening to eat as there is absolutely nothing in Slough.The 8.51 from Paddington express to Slough or 9.50 takes less than 15 min.There are quite a few Permies who commute daily from London. The return fare is £13.50 but its most likely cheaper buying a weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Congrats

Could Monday to Friday lets, Rentals and Lodgers | SpareRoom.co.uk be the answer to overpriced (and in my case non-smoking) accommodation woes?

Especially as it would mean you could leave a few bits and bobs in your room while you were back home at weekends?

edit: I pay £100 per week for a nice room in Cambridge, although it would probably be double that in London
                  Shop around on Monday to Friday. When I was still stopping in London in the week I got a large double room in a nice house, all mod cons and no hassle for £100 week.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    3 mths in Paddington, rolling.

Was elated until I saw the price of accomodation. Are you people nuts?
                    I work in Paddington. Does this mean we'll get warmer weather there when you start?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      ^ this. Slough's as cheap as chips (but not as classy)

for the gig though

Comment

Working...
                      X