• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I saw a guy beating up his girlfriend ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I haven't seen anything like that in years, since I moved to London. Used to see it sometimes in Edinburgh and invariably when someone stepped in to stop it, the girl would turn on them and they'd end up getting attacked by the couple who suddenly forgot their differences.
    +1

I'm currently watching a murder trial where the deceased was the father of the guy towards whom the main aggression was being vented.
    The father told the guy to go home - stabbed

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Thats true - very very few men would ever consider violence against a woman so you have to say some women must be complete fu<kers for a bloke to want to punch them...

:sigh:
      WHS - same with old people - very few men would consider hitting an octogenarian, so if you see a bloke giving an old person a kicking, it must be because the old person is a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        are things of the past, most neds need a 3/1 advantage and a blade or weapon of some kind.

Why did you not give them a pasting.?

The funny thing was that at one point the woman beater was shouting that he wanted me to 'come on'. I told him to back off, he threw a punch and missed. I was going to throw a punch and suddenly I was looking at someone's feet which were at 90 degrees to my head. Out of reflex I tangled his legs so he could not kick me (I found out later he already had kicked me in the head a few times) and got up and was facing two of them.

The conclusion came to me that it was at least 2 against 1 and they were both bigger than me and Sherlock Holmes 2 flashed through my mind where Holmes and Moriarty are fighting and Holmes says "Prognosis: increasingly negative" - they advanced and I screamed "get back" and they stopped (martial art training from old fashioned night club bouncers is good stuff), the victim was still there so I was not going to leave and only then I realised that there were people next to me lending verbal assistance and also just being more people. The chavs shouted a bit but whenever they stepped forward I stepped forward and shouted "get back" and either pointed or shoved them depending on how close they were. Eventually they walked off.

It is funny how addled your brain gets in tense situations. I have no idea where the Sherlock Holmes thing came from, I don't even remember the scene that well.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Thats true - very very few men would ever consider violence against a woman so you have to say some women must be complete fu<kers for a bloke to want to punch them...

and yes often after woman has been saved she then tries to press charges on bloke who beat up her attacker...

:sigh:
          I walked passed them just previously and she was giving him a right mouthing. I am not saying that the assault was justified (for a start when he first punched her it was in the back as she was walking away), merely making an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            WHS - same with old people - very few men would consider hitting an octogenarian, so if you see a bloke giving an old person a kicking, it must be because the old person is a ****.
            Indeed these old codgers can really wind you up eh!

Comment

A couple of years ago my sister and I were walking home from town and saw two chavs mugging a little chinese couple.

We ran at them and I whacked one of them around the head with my handbag - I don't do little bags so it was no mean feat and must have hurt. My sister pushed the other fella off his bike.

The chinese couple were really shaken up and couldn't speak much English. The police gave them a lift home though.

Amazing the courage a few Vodkas can give you!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The problem today is when people see someone getting in a fight the first thing the do is get there camera phone out!

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                  The problem today is when people see someone getting in a fight the first thing the do is get there camera phone out!
                  Hopefully they have stuck it on YouTube and shared the link with the police!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    Hopefully they have stuck it on YouTube and shared the link with the police!
                    they will be around to arrest you shortly!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Receptionist at client site and her daughter intervened when a middle aged woman was being beaten up by a couple of chavettes. When the police arrived, the receptionist had her hands around one chavette's throat, her daughter was busy breaking the arm of the other. In their statements, the heroines both said (after some coaching) "I was in fear of my life...". Chavettes got sent down, receptionist and daughter praised by the judge.

Sometimes justice is done.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X