• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Sun has got His Hat On, hip hip hip hoooooray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sun has got His Hat On, hip hip hip hoooooray

Just don't play it on the Beeb or you'll get yersel' sacked.

'Nuff said.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Just don't play it on the Beeb or you'll get yersel' sacked.

'Nuff said.
    Guess the poor bloke doesnt pull in cash for the beeb, so is disposable.

Comment

Grey grey grey here.

Who got the sack from the Beeb?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Or the editor in charge of the situation is a complete twat and should be forced to resign themselves over his treatment...

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Grey grey grey here.

Who got the sack from the Beeb?
          Sorry for the link to the wail but here you go:
          BBC sacks DJ for playing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On'... because he didn't know the original features the 'N' word - even though Clarkson wasn't fired for actually saying it | Mail Online

Comment

And for the "offending" song itself, at 0:59

BTW Admin I just noticed my thread count has exceeded yours, at 2871 vs 2846. Is this a cause for celebration? Have I "arrived"

Comment

My old man is going to be gutted - he religiously tuned in to David Lowe on Radio Devon every Saturday night for a trip down memory lane.

Sure there'll be countless other old timers feeling the same way.

Nice one BBC.

Comment

They offered him his job back but he said he won't accept. Sounds like middle management screwed up and they tried to fix it. Also, I wonder if he's not accepting his job back because he wants to sue for unfair dismissal and, possibly, damages relating to his health.

Comment

But tulip hip hop music that uses it a dozen times is fine. WTFF.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

BBC's handling of the situation has stressed him out.

After 30 odd years in broadcasting a big payoff would be nice.
                    Last edited by BigTime; 11 May 2014, 09:56. Reason: bunk already said that

Comment

Working...
                    X