• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish she would go and clean behind the fridge instead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    It does sound like it doesn't it.
    Airtime on a leftie outfit such as the Channel 4 news does raise suspicion.
    Definite setup.

The MSM lead anti-UKIP rhetoric is now on max - it's gonna make great entertainment to see this in action!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      No, that sounds like a conspiracy theory.
      Yes it does and it is; but there are such things as conspiracies, especially where changing attitudes to the EU are concerned.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Yes it does and it is; but there are such things as conspiracies, especially where changing attitudes to the EU are concerned.
        Quite a clever and intricate conspiracy for someone to join UKIP at 17 and work her way to becoming the youth Party leader, addressing conferences and the like before leaving.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So if she is "stupid", are you suggesting that she joined the party a few years ago, and did not think they were racist. And now she thinks they ARE racist?
          What's changed?
          In my experience with UKIP the party is becoming more politically correct (as the more outspoken comments are censured e.g. Godfrey Bloom) as it grows into the mainsteam, so I don't see where she is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            So if she is "stupid", are you suggesting that she joined the party a few years ago, and did not think they were racist. And now she thinks they ARE racist?
            What's changed?
            In my experience with UKIP the party is becoming more politically correct (as the more outspoken comments are censured e.g. Godfrey Bloom) as it grows into the mainsteam, so I don't see where she is coming from.
            I think she's genuine and she thought UKIP would make a difference while not being/becoming a racist party. Even though the leader seems a respectable character, she's probably been shocked by the amount of racists within the party; the stupidity is on the part of those racists and I'm afraid Mr Farage needs to address the issues very strongly to avoid guilt by association.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              given the ridicolous amount of PC ism going on in this country most people have no idea what they can or cannot say about anyone who is not English
              Given that referencing cultural stereotypes is now seen as racism, just about everyone is racist...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Quite a clever and intricate conspiracy for someone to join UKIP at 17 and work her way to becoming the youth Party leader, addressing conferences and the like before leaving.
                Then she was an ideal target for those wishing to discredit UKIP.

True but the folks behind the scenes in politics can be very manipulative.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I think she's genuine and she thought UKIP would make a difference while not being/becoming a racist party. Even though the leader seems a respectable character, she's probably been shocked by the amount of racists within the party; the stupidity is on the part of those racists and I'm afraid Mr Farage needs to address the issues very strongly to avoid guilt by association.
                  That's the problem with UKIP and most political parties. They have some very solid figures, who make a lot of sense. Myself, I like Godfrey Bloom (former UKIP), I think he's great, even if people can't appreciate his humour in the MSM, or refuse to do so because of the stick stuck up their proverbial/their need to fellate their masters by stirring controversy where there is none/the need to manufacture political figures palatable to Westminster tastes.

The Tories also have the likes of Daniel Hannan, who is very sound on many counts, but who is also a minority voice. Then, however, you get the political machine that is primarily geared at gaining votes, come what may, and the loopier sorts which this process tends to attract. I like UKIP better than I do the other parties, however I am resigned to the likelihood that they will either be unwilling or unable to reform the economy and the tax system crippling it, even if they do remove Britain from the EU.

Still, the Tories and the Lib-dems lack any credibility in my eyes, and although the Lib-dems are nominally for lower taxation on the middle class (not that I think soaking the 'rich' is acceptable, either), they face stiff opposition in so doing, and are by no means a party committed to this principle through and through. They will always have excuses for enacting no meaningful reforms and acting as though there's no alternative to the current configuration of the system conceivable, which is nonsense.

As for Labour... I wouldn't let my cat piss on them if they were on fire.
                  Last edited by Zero Liability; 14 May 2014, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
                  X