• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring back the black and white minstrel show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the black and white minstrel show

BBC News - 'Blacked-up' Cool Runnings pupil photo forces Aylesbury school apology

The boys' school said the picture was removed from their feed after complaints.

"It was not the intention of either the students or the school to cause offence," a statement said.

Who complained? On what grounds?

PS I don't really want the B&WM show back. Only because it was really naff.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Who complained? On what grounds?
    Someone - not me.
    Because they were offended. You've got to be extra careful not to cause offence with lazy stereotypes these days. Especially about those hyper-sensitive Jamaicans

Comment

I think these "complainants" need to be named and shamed. I feel some "wanted" posters with the mugshots of prominent lefties is in order...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Someone - not me.
        Because they were offended. You've got to be extra careful not to cause offence with lazy stereotypes these days. Especially about those hyper-sensitive Jamaicans
        Jamaicans are very sensitive.

But they are too lazy and drugged up to complain.

Especially rastamouse.

HTH

Comment

The sad thing is you can be bet your bottom dollar it wasn't anyone black that complained. More likely to be some over zealous PC white person thinking that it might offend....

Really ****s me off when people use the racist card in situations like this. It's just costume for ****s sake.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And white people dressed as black people, bring them back
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Jamaicans are very sensitive.

But they are too lazy and drugged up to complain.

Especially rastamouse.

HTH
              poor Rastamouse. Should have kept his paperwork in order.

Rastamouse DEPORTED from the United Kingdom | SOUTHEND NEWS NETWORK
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X