• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am not cut out to be a contractor!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that makes things easy, current client does not want to hire me.

Hence decision made ... other than a previous client who might be interested in hiring me ... other than that decision made!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

Hence decision made ... other than a previous client who might be interested in hiring me ... other than that decision made!
      Good luck with the other one(s)
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

new custom Title time?

MUN is a Permie Slave.

congratulations. lets hope its enjoyable, my job mostly is.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Been contracting for 18 years whilst the kids grew up. You should plan to work for 9 months out of 12 and bank anything else above that in your war chest. In my opinion you must be mad to think about being part of that permie back stabbing politics - take the money treat the family and laugh all the way to the bank. With the 3 months off every year if you are lucky enough to get that time, enjoy your family life in the way that permies can only dream of. Me I only got 3 months off twice in 18 years.

Comment

What fun!

Currently client had 2 of us and our manager working on the company cash cow. They hired a new permie to replace me and have, in the opinion of all of us on the team, too much work to do in the time given for 2 engineers and the manager.

Basically a major client essentially handed us a blank check because they needed to burn a lot of their budget.

The other guy I worked with (company dinosaur of about 20 years, very clever guy too) is going to resign in a month or two and go contracting ... hence at that point the product that makes most of the money for the client will have the manager and one guy who has been there less than 6 months to complete on schedule several hundred thousand pounds worth of work ... I might leave my phone number in case they want to make me an offer.

Comment

What fun!

Currently client had 2 of us and our manager working on the company cash cow. They hired a new permie to replace me and have, in the opinion of all of us on the team, too much work to do in the time given for 2 engineers and the manager.

Basically a major client essentially handed us a blank check because they needed to burn a lot of their budget.

The other guy I worked with (company dinosaur of about 20 years, very clever guy too) is going to resign in a month or two and go contracting ... hence at that point the product that makes most of the money for the client will have the manager and one guy who has been there less than 6 months to complete on schedule several hundred thousand pounds worth of work ... I might leave my phone number in case they want to make me an offer.
              You might be better off approaching this 'major client' and making them an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                You might be better off approaching this 'major client' and making them an offer.
                That would be a laugh but they do not do development there, they just use the product and have several experts on it who have been doing it longer than me.

Comment

That would be a laugh but they do not do development there, they just use the product and have several experts on it who have been doing it longer than me.
                  They might be able to offer a FTC or a decent contract to have someone who has been on the inside and can provide some insight that their guys can't.

I've done the move from one contract to another where I went from producer to consumer, which was brilliant
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Typical, have signed the contract for the new permie place and one I applied for previously have come back and offered an interview - full time working from home couple of grand every other year to kit my home dev area out etc. A really sweet deal ... why couldn't they have come back sooner?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X