• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New CIS employee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CIS employee

Hi everyone,

I will start working as a subcontractor next July (2014)
    Would like to know if you have any pointers on how to set up my trade?

Cheers,
    Jay

You've got the wrong forum.

You need this one... The Construction Forum - SkyscraperCity
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Co-op insurance? great gig..sit idly around everyday..left to your own devices, watching money being wasted. Oh I did that for three year. fantastic.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

FINALLY - someone who might know how to bleed the radiators!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Co-op insurance? great gig..sit idly around everyday..left to your own devices, watching money being wasted. Oh I did that for three year. fantastic.
          Like Co-op Bank, first 90 mins each day wander around building looking for a spare desk, all 24 floors...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Like Co-op Bank, first 90 mins each day wander around building looking for a spare desk, all 24 floors...
            Some of us had the misfortune to be exiled in the Arndale where there is no shortage of desks at all. Or eyecandy company. I have no idea how anyone could put up with it for 3 years - even a zen master would have lost his rag with them before then.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Some of us had the misfortune to be exiled in the Arndale where there is no shortage of desks at all. Or eyecandy company. I have no idea how anyone could put up with it for 3 years - even a zen master would have lost his rag with them before then.
              We were promised the Arndale as some sort of Nirvana, never got it tho. Even worse, sometimes had to work in Skem. Odd day in Weaste was positively Utopic....

Comment

I only managed up the Arndale once for a meeting, and decided to go to Skem most days due to lack of desks in Manc and also for the super shopping experience in The Concourse

Plus, it had a lovely roof garden where it was easy to while away the hours...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  You've got the wrong forum.

You need this one... The Construction Forum - SkyscraperCity
                  The Construction Forum For everything tall going up in London right now.

Like the stories bankers use to justify all the QE going to them?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    I had quite an interesting position..and the rate was great. I wasn't in IT - though I was working on a Oracle database. I wrote it in 2006 and CIS still using it today and will do so for probably another 5 years. I had a maintenece agreement with them - free money I called it. But now the whole management has changed after a big cull and contract terminated.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X