• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spod versus Threaded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spod versus Threaded

Just thought I'd start a new thread especially for you two, so you don't bung up all the other threads (sic) with your bickering.

Ok, go to it......

Well it'd be a pretty short argument. He's so fat he'd have run out of breath before I'd even got started.

Comment

Fat? Threaded, you're mistaken, You are fat, I'm well-built!

Comment

I put my money on Spod; the lad's got the killer instinct and knows how to finish when he spots the right opening

Now all we need is some trash talk, Don King and Vaseline for the legs.

Comment

Spodly: You're about as well built as an allotment shed. :rolleyes

Comment

Spodly: You're about as well built as an allotment shed.
            and?

Comment

We were quite self sufficient in vegetables, he used to grow enough potatoes to last us the whole year, as well as cabbage, spinach and sprouts.
              When you look around Brighton and see the amount of places that are built on today and think to yourself about when they were all allotments, there was hundreds of them in Brighton, and people took a pride in them. I used to go with him on a Sunday to push an old barrow with a set of pram wheels on them to bring the vegetables home.

There was no vandalism in those days, you could leave your tools in the shed. There was no artificial fertilizer apart from bonemeal which always seemed to be available, and a lot of people used to do double digging - dig a trench, in went the manure, they used to get much better crops that way. Today there's not a lot of double digging done, a lot of people keep on digging the earth and digging the earth but don't seem to put anything back into it.

During the war everybody was asked to save anything that was edible for pigs. It used to go into pig bins that were distributed in the roads around Brighton, and there were special vans that went round collecting it all. It was taken up to Hollingdean Road where it was cooked in these big vats and when it was cold it was cut up into cake and sent out to all different farms to keep the pigs going. They used to collect a hell of a lot of stuff.

Comment

and?

Comment

See what I mean, Spodly's out of breath already.

His sadness is only exceeded by his fatness. :lol

Comment

and?

Comment

Working...
                    X