• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we good enough to win the football world cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world cup is most fun when England think they can win it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The world cup is most fun when England think they can win it.
      No, it's most fun when Scotland/Wales/NI are in it and we can all have a good laugh at a home team doing even worse than England.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

no
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          No, it's most fun when Scotland/Wales/NI are in it and we can all have a good laugh at a home team doing even worse than England.
          True of course. Wales are tulipe at football. But thats it - most of the country dont care.

Admitedly, the English are not as bad as previously but the rest of us are sick of being told how they're going to win etc which is why its funny when they dont.

Imagine if Wales won the world cup though. We'd have half a backpage if we're lucky. If England won, we'd have a 30 page souvenir pullout every day for the next year. It just annoys people.

Remember the rugby world cup a few years ago. Wales were in semi-final, England had got knocked out. A certain paper devoted one column to Wales appearance but two pages to discussing what went wrong with England and some nob jumping off the ferry for a laugh. It just doesnt happen the other way round.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I disagree, the penalties are always hilarious.

Comment

Ummm nope

Despite having the best league in the world (allegedly) they do not possess the quality players that are needed to win it
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I disagree, the penalties are always hilarious.
                That is true.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If it's not a Brazil + whomever final there will be bloodshed IMHO.

Police using tear gas to disperse rioters at the mo and the public transport is on strike.

This could all go spectacularly norks up.

Comment

Originally posted by sky View Post
                    It looks to me Brazil/Germany will win the world cup. Anyone interested in sports here.
                    If by 'we', you mean CUK, then possibly. We'll put MF in goal and nothing will get past.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Admitedly, the English are not as bad as previously but the rest of us are sick of being told how they're going to win etc which is why its funny when they dont.
                      I don't think anyone in England is saying England will win it. Everyone is remarkably downbeat.

Perhaps it is Welsh people you are sick of saying England will win it?

Comment

Working...
                      X