• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we good enough to win the football world cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we good enough to win the football world cup?

It looks to me Brazil/Germany will win the world cup. Anyone interested in sports here.

Originally posted by sky View Post
    It looks to me Brazil/Germany will win the world cup. Anyone interested in sports here.
    I'm a Tottenham fan, so basically no.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It will be a South American team

Comment

Trouble is, one of Germany's best players, possibly their best hope, Reus, got injured in a friendly last night and is out. I think they'll be lucky now to reach the semi's
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Qualify from their group: England would need to play reasonably well for two games out of three. That's doable.

Reach the semis: They'd need a bit of luck to go their way for a change. Possible, but chances are against.

Win it: They'd need to raise their level to something we haven't seen for many years AND avoid bad luck. Very unlikely.

Comment

No. Next!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The question is, who paid FIFA ebough this time? There is your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Qualify from their group: England would need to play reasonably well for two games out of three. That's doable.

Reach the semis: They'd need a bit of luck to go their way for a change. Possible, but chances are against.

Win it: They'd need to raise their level to something we haven't seen for many years AND avoid bad luck. Very unlikely.
                +1, but only if they play as a team, something sadly lacking in the PL era. You never know, expectations are very low this time so could be a good thing.

Rayne Wooney needs to step up or he gets dropped for someone else and they keep him out of side on merit.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Nope - it was going so well until the during the week Roy H claimed England can win the world cup. The curse has been cast...

Comment

Originally posted by sky View Post
                    Whats this 'we' bollacks?

Last time I looked it was contractor UK.
                    Last time I looked the UK was England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland.
                    Last time I looked only ENGLAND were in the world cup.

So, I assume you mean are ENGLAND good enough?

If you want my point of view then,

1) Its football which is a girls game so who cares.
                    2) I think myself and a few million non-English hope they dont win because we wont be able to turn on the TV for the next 20 years without it being rammed down our throats.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X