• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I never thought I'd agree with Simon Heffer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I'd agree with Simon Heffer

...but then, even a cretin can accidentally say something sensible.

Impeach Tony Blair: As Iraq burns, Parliament should put this deluded liar on trial, writes SIMON HEFFER | Mail Online
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Can we put all the deluded liars that write for the Mail on trial as well?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Yes, but first Tony B Liar, King of Liars.

Comment

arguably they have done a lot less damage.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Also how would we find out about house prices.
          Last edited by vetran; 17 June 2014, 09:23. Reason: so good I said it twice - oops.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            MMR
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Also how would we find out about house prices.
              Tony blew lots of people's brains out with bombs and guns; the Daily Wail just turned them into morons with a drip drip drip of bullshyte. I'm not sure which is worse but I know which one's easier to prove in court.

Apparently Tony's houses are worth 21 million quid. Tony Blair's Net Worth - TheRichest

Comment

I like this bit:

...pending which Black Rod — chief officer of the House of Commons — may detain the accused in the cells under Big Ben.
                Tony Blair in the cells underneath Big Ben. What an excellent idea
                I never knew there were any cells underneath Big Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I like this bit:

Tony Blair in the cells underneath Big Ben. What an excellent idea
                  I never knew there were any cells underneath Big Ben.
                  Sod that. Broadmoor's the place for him.

Comment

I'm not convinced by impeachment - the legislature acting in a judicial manner.

Better to amend the War Crimes Act 1991 (which was itself retrospective), to include the crime of Aggression as a crime against peace.

From wiki:

The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, called the waging of aggressive war "essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X