• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is Luis Suarez being charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is grossly unfair is that Liverpool lose him for more matches than Uruguay, as a fan I'd much rather see him have a longer international ban as that was the stage where the 'crime' took place.

I also can't take much more of the BBC pundits sticking their oar in, Shearer and Savage were as dirty as they come in their day, bloody hypocrites.

What Suarez does is disturbing but you can't tell me it's worse than a headbutt, elbow or kicking someone in the face, all of which happen on a regular basis and some by serial offenders who get off with lesser punishment.

I'm in no-way condoning what he did but they should punish the player and the team he was playing for not the club who had no involvement.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So only ban him from matches where the team he's playing for would be affected? That's unrealistic. You could argue it's as much Liverpool's fault as Uruguay's for not 'beating it out of him'.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        What is grossly unfair is that Liverpool lose him for more matches than Uruguay, as a fan I'd much rather see him have a longer international ban as that was the stage where the 'crime' took place.

I also can't take much more of the BBC pundits sticking their oar in, Shearer and Savage were as dirty as they come in their day, bloody hypocrites.

What Suarez does is disturbing but you can't tell me it's worse than a headbutt, elbow or kicking someone in the face, all of which happen on a regular basis and some by serial offenders who get off with lesser punishment.

I'm in no-way condoning what he did but they should punish the player and the team he was playing for not the club who had no involvement.
        They are not punishing the club....that is collateral damage. If Liverpool don't like it, they shouldn't employ retards, regardless of their skill/ability to cheat and get away with it. It wasn't as if he didn't already have form when they signed him on was it? This is part of the consequences of ignoring it.
        Last edited by tractor; 26 June 2014, 15:45.

Comment

They have punished the player. He had to get a total ban because international football isn't important enough to be a serious punishment on its own. Now Liverpool have to decide if they're going to fine him or hold back salary for making himself unavailable so it'll hit him in the pocket too hopefully.

Comment

I'm sure his salary will be docked, there will be clauses about not bringing the club into disrepute in his contract.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So it's never been done before but we'll feck Liverpool over this time, no consistency.

Blaming the club for not beating it out of him, laughable.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Excellent stuff.

That should keep 'em out of the top 4 next season

Regards,

A part time Gooner.

Comment

Yes, look at what Keane used to get up to.

Didn't he break the leg of a Man City player (?) and then later admit in his biography that it was intentional?

No lengthy ban there ISTR. I think the thing is, you can disguise malice in a bad challenge. A bite, on the other hand, is a bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Yes, but a small bite to the shoulder is hardly the same is it.
                    Never mind a "small bite", apart from everything else it's the principle of the behaviour.

You can even be banned for saying something on the pitch that no-one hears.

Comment

Although biting is bizarre, it is very minor compared to a leg breaking tackle. Charging him with assault is the right way to go as it is nothing to do with the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X