• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlement Opportunity (SO) Loan Scheme pre 2011 with HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement Opportunity (SO) Loan Scheme pre 2011 with HMRC

Hi All,

I had the misfortune of being in a loan scheme pre 2011. I got flagged up a couple of years back. The company closed down (which owned the solution) but their legal representative started talking to HMRC collectively for all contractors who wanted to be represented.

Now I have been given the option to settle without paying additional penalties.

Is someone in the same position - what are you doing?

Is HMRC very serious about this thing?

I got c.50k via the trust solution - any clue on the penalty?

Please spare me the moral talk ------ the scheme was an error of judgement.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by harry7476 View Post
    Hi All,

I had the misfortune of being in a loan scheme pre 2011. I got flagged up a couple of years back. The company closed down (which owned the solution) but their legal representative started talking to HMRC collectively for all contractors who wanted to be represented.

Thanks
    Is someone in the same position?? Did you come upon this forum via Tapatalk??

This subject has it's own sub-forum. I've moved your post to here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-scheme-enquiries/

If you tell us who the scheme provider was I'll move you to the appropriate thread. But until you do that I'd advise that you read this thread:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...portunity.html

and then
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...r-schemes.html
    (although things have moved on after the 1st 20 pages...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by harry7476 View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks
      HMRC don't know how to be any other way & WCS
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
      X