• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries: Bedouin/Redstone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    However whether the DA (s29) is valid or not is a separate question.
    Assuming HMRC issued them within the 4-year window, they'd be very hard to challenge because Redstone didn't put anything about the loans on the SATR.

You may know of other successful challenges but the only one I've seen is where there was a DOTAS number on the SATR.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Assuming HMRC issued them within the 4-year window, they'd be very hard to challenge because Redstone didn't put anything about the loans on the SATR.

You may know of other successful challenges but the only one I've seen is where there was a DOTAS number on the SATR.
      Correct its a mess. My tax advisor "at the time" recommended by Redstone wronte back telling HMRC they were out of time. However independent advice "former HMRC Tax inspector now Tax advisor" said they have responded within the year window.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I do know of other challenges.

For example, HMRC is obliged to make an assessment within a reasonable period of making a "discovery".

Nobody is really too sure about that period. Probably though within a year of making the discovery.

This has become known as the concept of staleness.

In the case of mass marketed loan schemes, when did HMRC know that they were being used, when did they know that a particular individual was using them, how long did they allow that individual to wait before assessing, why did they not ask for an SATR?

And so on...

We are gearing up for challenges on this.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Given the publicity surrounding other schemes requesting loan repayments, bedouin / redstone are still sticking to their party line that loans are repayable on the 10 year anniversary "should the company" call these in

Comment

Update?

Is there any news or any updates regarding the HMRC situation with Bedouin/Redstone?

Comment

Working...
            X