• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiry letter for Winchester IQ Contract under section 9a

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Group and working through IQ

Guys i have just got a letter from HMRC for 13/14 requesting payment in the next couple of weeks.

Did any of you join the big group and sent any correspondence to HMRC on work done via Umbrella contracts / IQ consulting.

I have another3 years of working under them and will shortly be getting letters for those i believe.

Please let me know.

Comment

You probably have a discovery assessment which means that you need to appeal it and ask for the tax to be postponed. Has to be done within 30 days.

Check the date of the assessment and when you received it.

The Court permits a delivery time of 4 days for second class post which is what HMRC usually use.

Therefore as the 13/14 year went out of date on 5th April 2018, an assessment made via second class post should have been posted on 1st April (a Sunday).

In reality most were done seemingly on 3rd April and if sent second class will fail the delivery conditions and are invalid.

If HMRC claim that they sent them first class, then they should have kept proof and you can ask for it.

First class has a 2 day window, so anything sent on 4th April will also be invalid.

Enjoy.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

APN

Originally posted by Reider View Post
        I was with IQ from April 2012 to September 2015.

I have now been asked by HMRC for SA's for years 2012/13, 2013/14 & 2014/15.

According to CHS, the schemes I was in was DOTAS for only the year 2013/14. My understanding is that this will be the only year I will receive an APN for.

Can anyone advise if this is correct?

Thanks in advance.
        No this isn't correct:
        I was with IQ from 2013 to May 2016 and thought the same as you but have now also received notice regarding 2014 - 2015.

Comment

BIg GRP

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          Also, it's unlikely people will share their experience on this public forum read by HMRC
          The Big Group forum is where it's at.
          I would like to join BIG GRP , How to join ? procedure?

Comment

webberg is the BIG GROUPD

Originally posted by sunilthakur007 View Post
            I would like to join BIG GRP , How to join ? procedure?

webberg is the Big Group! message them

Comment

Working...
            X