• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
    - which will be 14:32 31st April 2015 - tomorrow afternoon)
    Excellent - we've gained a day.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

BTW

Webberg - In your professional opinion, if I promise to buy the next three people who 'make the pledge' a pint every month for a year, do you think HMRC will let me write that off as an essential personal expense under a future 'time-to-pay' arrangement ?
      "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
        Webberg - In your professional opinion, if I promise to buy the next three people who 'make the pledge' a pint every month for a year, do you think HMRC will let me write that off as an essential personal expense under a future 'time-to-pay' arrangement ?
        I'm pretty sure that I could get HMRC to agree that such largesse should be taken into account and is fully compliant with tax law and has Counsel backing.

(Incidentally, I prefer Doom Bar or perhaps Gales HSB to any of that there London brewed stuff. I look at the ads for Fullers beer which is apparently "made of London" and think on it carefully whenever I cross the Thames).

(No, me neither).

Comment

I'll take the beer.....I am in

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Me too

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that I could get HMRC to agree that such largesse should be taken into account and is fully compliant with tax law and has Counsel backing.

(Incidentally, I prefer Doom Bar or perhaps Gales HSB to any of that there London brewed stuff. I look at the ads for Fullers beer which is apparently "made of London" and think on it carefully whenever I cross the Thames).
                  Dear me! You are behind the times on London beer. There are so many new breweries it's hard to keep track. Fullers beer sucks.

Mapped: London’s Breweries And Brewpubs By Borough | Londonist

Comment

Originally posted by neil99 View Post
                    Dear me! You are behind the times on London beer. There are so many new breweries it's hard to keep track. Fullers beer sucks.

Mapped: London’s Breweries And Brewpubs By Borough | Londonist
                    I was in the Ship and Shovell (Embankment) yesterday.

I was disappointed with the offerings. Mainly Badgers (and yes it is as rough as a badger's backside) and the guest ale was undrinkable.

Ended up with a fizzy lager.

We do have a brewery and distillery just up the road here though. The brewery is Triple F and I can recommend their Moondance (good light summer beer), Pressed Rat and Warthog; Dazed and Confused. (Spot the link?)

The distillery (gin) is called Gorilla and their first offering is Silver Back - very nice.

Still - ENOUGH - back to work!!

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      I was in the Ship and Shovell (Embankment) yesterday.

I was disappointed with the offerings. Mainly Badgers (and yes it is as rough as a badger's backside) and the guest ale was undrinkable.

Ended up with a fizzy lager.

We do have a brewery and distillery just up the road here though. The brewery is Triple F and I can recommend their Moondance (good light summer beer), Pressed Rat and Warthog; Dazed and Confused. (Spot the link?)

The distillery (gin) is called Gorilla and their first offering is Silver Back - very nice.

Still - ENOUGH - back to work!!
                      But you can at least say you saw Bobby Davro who was sitting in the table behind us! Hope you noticed!

Comment

Working...
                      X