BIG GROUP BIG GROUP - Page 11
Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 110 of 1591

Thread: BIG GROUP

  1. #101

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
    - which will be 14:32 31st April 2015 - tomorrow afternoon)
    Excellent - we've gained a day.

  2. #102

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    115

    Default BTW

    Webberg - In your professional opinion, if I promise to buy the next three people who 'make the pledge' a pint every month for a year, do you think HMRC will let me write that off as an essential personal expense under a future 'time-to-pay' arrangement ?
    "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

  3. #103

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
    Webberg - In your professional opinion, if I promise to buy the next three people who 'make the pledge' a pint every month for a year, do you think HMRC will let me write that off as an essential personal expense under a future 'time-to-pay' arrangement ?
    I'm pretty sure that I could get HMRC to agree that such largesse should be taken into account and is fully compliant with tax law and has Counsel backing.

    (Incidentally, I prefer Doom Bar or perhaps Gales HSB to any of that there London brewed stuff. I look at the ads for Fullers beer which is apparently "made of London" and think on it carefully whenever I cross the Thames).

  4. #104

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I'll take the beer.....I am in

  5. #105

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Count me in

  6. #106

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Me too

  7. #107

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Count me in.

  8. #108

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I could get HMRC to agree that such largesse should be taken into account and is fully compliant with tax law and has Counsel backing.

    (Incidentally, I prefer Doom Bar or perhaps Gales HSB to any of that there London brewed stuff. I look at the ads for Fullers beer which is apparently "made of London" and think on it carefully whenever I cross the Thames).
    Dear me! You are behind the times on London beer. There are so many new breweries it's hard to keep track. Fullers beer sucks.

    Mapped: London’s Breweries And Brewpubs By Borough | Londonist

  9. #109

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neil99 View Post
    Dear me! You are behind the times on London beer. There are so many new breweries it's hard to keep track. Fullers beer sucks.

    Mapped: London’s Breweries And Brewpubs By Borough | Londonist
    I was in the Ship and Shovell (Embankment) yesterday.

    I was disappointed with the offerings. Mainly Badgers (and yes it is as rough as a badger's backside) and the guest ale was undrinkable.

    Ended up with a fizzy lager.

    We do have a brewery and distillery just up the road here though. The brewery is Triple F and I can recommend their Moondance (good light summer beer), Pressed Rat and Warthog; Dazed and Confused. (Spot the link?)

    The distillery (gin) is called Gorilla and their first offering is Silver Back - very nice.

    Still - ENOUGH - back to work!!

  10. #110

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    I was in the Ship and Shovell (Embankment) yesterday.

    I was disappointed with the offerings. Mainly Badgers (and yes it is as rough as a badger's backside) and the guest ale was undrinkable.

    Ended up with a fizzy lager.

    We do have a brewery and distillery just up the road here though. The brewery is Triple F and I can recommend their Moondance (good light summer beer), Pressed Rat and Warthog; Dazed and Confused. (Spot the link?)

    The distillery (gin) is called Gorilla and their first offering is Silver Back - very nice.

    Still - ENOUGH - back to work!!
    But you can at least say you saw Bobby Davro who was sitting in the table behind us! Hope you noticed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •