• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?

Wonder if he's a contractor?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Half century up ...

Excellent - four more pledges (Boobetty, badabr, NotAmused, shevlane) yesterday afternoon takes us to 51 in total with 4 more possible - all within the first seven days.

And - ball*cks - think I might have been less than "dangerous" when I made that little enticement - but I'll stand by it.

BTW1 - "we've gained a day" - yep, I miscounted - please, please don't tell my boss - I'm supposed to be a numerate SME (sic) ...

BTW2 - "Ship and Shovell" is one of my lunch-time locals - I work in the Strand on this contract - not sure about the beer, but it's the only pub I know on two sides of the street.
      "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Certainly a pub with a split personality.

I like the Chandos as well. they have some interesting beers.

Our office is in Pall Mall and I walk to/from waterloo so all these places are good.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I would like to join, but I am not sure it will assist me too much as come the end of June I expect a hefty bill from HMRC that I cannot pay.

Comment

Originally posted by typod View Post
            I would like to join, but I am not sure it will assist me too much as come the end of June I expect a hefty bill from HMRC that I cannot pay.
            More reason to join! I already have a hefty bill that I can't afford. We all need to fight this. And look at it this way, if you can't afford to pay the impending bill, what do you have to lose by joining a group to fight it?

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
              More reason to join! I already have a hefty bill that I can't afford. We all need to fight this. And look at it this way, if you can't afford to pay the impending bill, what do you have to lose by joining a group to fight it?
              You are spot on, I will join in. I was holding out some vain hope that this action may delay the payment notices Silly I know.

Comment

You are spot on, I will join in. I was holding out some vain hope that this action may delay the payment notices Silly I know.
                If you want to PM me I can look at the APN and see if something might be done to delay matters.

I emphasise it is delay, not solve.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I know how you feel. The way I look at it now is that we have all been screwed over. We can't stop the screw from turning but can maybe prevent it going the whole way.

Comment

Medical contractors

A lot of people in the medical profession are contractors.

I can't imagine that they are any more prepared for the ventilation/manure interface than any other group but....

The public has a lot of sympathy for this sector.

Stories about nurses being forced into bankruptcy or highly qualified doctors/dentists going bust would be useful and this area is one in which I think BIG GROUP should focus on building numbers.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      A lot of people in the medical profession are contractors.

I can't imagine that they are any more prepared for the ventilation/manure interface than any other group but....

The public has a lot of sympathy for this sector.

Stories about nurses being forced into bankruptcy or highly qualified doctors/dentists going bust would be useful and this area is one in which I think BIG GROUP should focus on building numbers.
                      I agree! But surely we won't meet them on Contractor UK... How could we reach out to the non-IT sectors?
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X