• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needless to say, I'm in too.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Sounds like a plan. +1 here

Comment

count me in too!

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

As I said I think we need a minimum number to get this started.

The initial fees from that number will be used in a recruiting drive because to work this group needs numbers. there are some obvious places to go to place adverts but beyond that I will need to understand the best places. For example, I suspect most of you pick up contracts via an agency - would they carry an ad? Most of you work with other contractors - would your current firm carry an ad? Etc.

I will draft a heads of terms of a constitution.

I will circulate this either via email or a private forum (thanks for the offers).

For the immediate future however I need to bring some order. I'm reluctant to put my work email here but if you PM me, I'll supply it. You can then email me with some basic information (real name etc) and I can compile a list of interested parties.

For now, I will do this for free.

Please be aware however that I am building a new business and have certain priorities and obligations. If there comes a time when I have no time or would have time if I was paid, then I will advise all in advance. Hopefully by then we should have a constitution and rules and be able to consider appointments as previously suggested so it won't be a problem.

Momentum is key. Activity is key. Keep pushing this.

(After saying that my football team is the lunchtime kick off today so I'll be missing from around 10;30am - sorry).
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Thanks for the responses.

As I said I think we need a minimum number to get this started.

The initial fees from that number will be used in a recruiting drive because to work this group needs numbers. there are some obvious places to go to place adverts but beyond that I will need to understand the best places. For example, I suspect most of you pick up contracts via an agency - would they carry an ad? Most of you work with other contractors - would your current firm carry an ad? Etc.

I will draft a heads of terms of a constitution.

I will circulate this either via email or a private forum (thanks for the offers).

For the immediate future however I need to bring some order. I'm reluctant to put my work email here but if you PM me, I'll supply it. You can then email me with some basic information (real name etc) and I can compile a list of interested parties.

For now, I will do this for free.

Please be aware however that I am building a new business and have certain priorities and obligations. If there comes a time when I have no time or would have time if I was paid, then I will advise all in advance. Hopefully by then we should have a constitution and rules and be able to consider appointments as previously suggested so it won't be a problem.

Momentum is key. Activity is key. Keep pushing this.

(After saying that my football team is the lunchtime kick off today so I'll be missing from around 10;30am - sorry).
            Thanks very much Webberg! Good luck with the football! Do you need anything else other than our real names? Maybe some kind of template? Name, address etc?

Comment

One hopes Webberg you are a Spurs fan and a Saint

Comment

This is definitely the way to go

Take a leaf out of NTRT's book. We're taking the fight to HMRC, and we're making headway.

I really hope BIG GROUP gets off the ground.

The hard part will be rallying contractors to join a united front. Which is a bit like herding cats.

Message to all you cats - be more dog!!!

Comment

Send me your bank account details - I'll send £50.
                  I'm about to join another group - but see this as a compliment.

Comment

Real names and a vetting process to ensure HMRC spies cannot get in.

Comment

I'm in - and its a brilliant idea,

Call me a sceptic but webberg - whats in it for you? it doesn't sound like your caught up in this? I'm totally ok with someone taking a margin on this as long as its clear that is the case? In fact it probably would help having someone impartial at the healm.

Comment

Working...
                      X