• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The principle behind Big Group is to find a settlement.

Preferably that settlement would include dealing with the legal consequences of the loan(s).

We believe that we have a sufficiently solid plan to deal with the majority of the scheme types we've seen.

As such we have activated the planned phase two of the fee structure.

This means that for joiners after 31st July 2016, in addition to the usual joining fee, if the settlement plan is taken up in due course, there will be an additional fee.

This fee is not due unless and until the settlement is ready (perhaps 12 months from now) and you choose to use it because it's suitable for your circumstances.

The additional fee recognises that the founder members have funded the research and analysis required to date and joiners up to 31st July will NOT be asked for any additional fees.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      The principle behind Big Group is to find a settlement.

Preferably that settlement would include dealing with the legal consequences of the loan(s).

We believe that we have a sufficiently solid plan to deal with the majority of the scheme types we've seen.

As such we have activated the planned phase two of the fee structure.

This means that for joiners after 31st July 2016, in addition to the usual joining fee, if the settlement plan is taken up in due course, there will be an additional fee.

This fee is not due unless and until the settlement is ready (perhaps 12 months from now) and you choose to use it because it's suitable for your circumstances.

The additional fee recognises that the founder members have funded the research and analysis required to date and joiners up to 31st July will NOT be asked for any additional fees.
      Will you be reimbursing the founder members who paid for all this research?

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
        I don't think you get it. The extra fee is only for joiners after 31/07, precisely to account for the fact that founder members did fund the research in the first place.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          I don't think you get it. The extra fee is only for joiners after 31/07, precisely to account for the fact that founder members did fund the research in the first place.
          Is see. So just extra revenue

Comment

To pay for extra expense.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I take it you work for your clients for free?

Comment

Are you one of the founder members and have a problem with the payments you've made?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
                  Are you one of the founder members and have a problem with the payments you've made?
                  No I have never been a member and I truly sympathize with anybody still mixed up in this sh1t. I just see Mr. Webberg as no better or worse than any of the other professionals selling their wares on this forum.

I realize he is not on here for altruistic reasons. He has seen a business opportunity and taken it.

Comment

what's your problem? Don't like it? well don't join.

Feel free to set up your own effort.

Comment

No I have never been a member and I truly sympathize with anybody still mixed up in this sh1t. I just see Mr. Webberg as no better or worse than any of the other professionals selling their wares on this forum.
                      Since you're not a member, you probably won't "from the outside" be able to see the difference. However, the truth is quite different. WTT (and Graham in particular) have been professional, helpful and, above all, transparent.

I would advise anyone who has not already done so to join BG. It is a *tiny* amount to pay for reassurance and help you get from a large (private) community of similarly affected people.

It's early days for the settlement offer being discussed - but the more members that BG/WTT represent, the louder the voice they have.

Comment

Working...
                      X