• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I think the summary above is correct.

We are a business. We operate by convincing contractors that there is an alternative to the HMRC analysis. We had hoped that HMRC would have seen the sense in that position, but being honest, that is not happening and we are gearing for a legal fight.

Settlement is something that we deal with but do not recommend.

Settlement is a misnomer. It;s not a settlement. It's accept the HMRC position or not - take it or leave it.

We cannot get discounts - nor can anybody else.

We try to include dealing the loans, but some lenders are reluctant.

We are very clear. We cannot and do not guarantee the success of our litigation.

We have developed our offering and certainly legal recourse and resisting loan demands are within our scope now as well as IR35 reviews, both new contracts and finished ones, as well as a safe way of working into the future.

Other firms offer all or some of the above. Which one you join is your choice.

Clarification much appreciated!

Comment

Can anyone please help with a telephone contact number for LCAG? Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by Centrick View Post
        Can anyone please help with a telephone contact number for LCAG? Thanks....
        It is 100% run by volunteers - I don't believe they have a contact number . You can contact via the website

Contact LCAG - Loan Charge Action Group

Comment

Can I make this clear please.

Big Group is not LCAG.

Some members of Big Group are also in LCAG (quite a few actually).

Some members of LCAG are NOT in Big Group.

We work with LCAG a lot but we do not control them or run any services for them or act for them other than if they are clients of WTT or in Big Group.

We are happy to pass on requests for contact etc.

LCAG is doing a grand job and their work will come to at least a temporary peak when the review paper is produced. I suspect that the review will result in yet more work for them.

Big Group however is concerned with a broader and deeper objective, i.e. the liability arising from HMRC's original argument that loans = income.

Even if LCAG is successful in having the loan charge removed, the above question remains. (In fact, if the loan charge remains in its present form, the above question remains).

So, similar groups, different objectives.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Can I make this clear please.

Big Group is not LCAG.

Some members of Big Group are also in LCAG (quite a few actually).

Some members of LCAG are NOT in Big Group.

We work with LCAG a lot but we do not control them or run any services for them or act for them other than if they are clients of WTT or in Big Group.

We are happy to pass on requests for contact etc.

LCAG is doing a grand job and their work will come to at least a temporary peak when the review paper is produced. I suspect that the review will result in yet more work for them.

Big Group however is concerned with a broader and deeper objective, i.e. the liability arising from HMRC's original argument that loans = income.

Even if LCAG is successful in having the loan charge removed, the above question remains. (In fact, if the loan charge remains in its present form, the above question remains).

So, similar groups, different objectives.
            Hi, is it too late to join BIG group and the intended litigation?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bearxxv View Post
              Hi, is it too late to join BIG group and the intended litigation?

Thanks
              It's not too late. You can read about BG here and contact them regarding membership
              WTT Big Group - WTT Consulting

Comment

We are accepting applications all the way to the first legal action.

Just be aware that understanding what we are doing now fills a decent size folder of material and if you need to read it all - and you should - then we find that after an initial call it is sensible to read up and think about the position for at least a week.

We will not pressure you to join. You need to understand and believe in what we are doing because it will not be easy or produce a guaranteed "win".

Call us.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Tomorrow evening at 6pm, we are hosting a webinar on the Spring Statement and the general state of affairs in the contractor market.

It is open to all and as such detailed discussions on Big Group strategy will not be part of the presentation or subsequent Q&A, but pretty much everything else will be.

You can register here

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...21944998077708

It's free - no obligation to join BG - no obligation to be a client.

Look forward to hearing from you.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Settlement received - what do i do now?

I am a little confused as to where I stand now.
                    I have received a settlement notice from HMRC. they want 18K from me.
                    they have offered me to pay it in instalments - nice of them!

Just wondering where I stand now - do I have to settle with them as I have already 'confessed' to my loan payments.
                    Will my options change depending on the spring statement and any changes that may come out of it regarding the loan charge?
                    could I still fight this by joining someone like Big Group?

Could anybody help shed some light for me - cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Colfeian View Post
                      I am a little confused as to where I stand now.
                      I have received a settlement notice from HMRC. they want 18K from me.
                      they have offered me to pay it in instalments - nice of them!

Just wondering where I stand now - do I have to settle with them as I have already 'confessed' to my loan payments.
                      Will my options change depending on the spring statement and any changes that may come out of it regarding the loan charge?
                      could I still fight this by joining someone like Big Group?

Could anybody help shed some light for me - cheers
                      First, I think you are in the wrong place as this is Big Group which is looking for an answer that is not settlement.

Second, you need to do some reading on the threads below.

In order to settle you need to accept the HMRC calculation, sign a contract and make the payments.

Just "confessing" is not enough and HMRC will not do any of the work for you.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X