• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't let this damage your health

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let this damage your health

When HMRC/Govt brought in the retrospective legislation, against our scheme in 2008, quite a few people suffered health problems, especially anxiety and depression. Sadly, one guy we know took his own life.

If you dwell on this it's easy to get into a downward spiral.

If you feel this is happening to you, seek help.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    When HMRC/Govt brought in the retrospective legislation, against our scheme in 2008, quite a few people suffered health problems, especially anxiety and depression. Sadly, one guy we know took his own life.

If you dwell on this it's easy to get into a downward spiral.

If you feel this is happening to you, seek help.
    Thanks DR.

Fighting back is an option which your group has done excellently.

Join Big Group and FIGHT BACK!!

Comment

This is sound and good advice.

In this situation it's very easy to lose a sense of perspective. Once that happens it is easy to slide into some very dark places.

Speaking as one who has been there and has no desire to return, you have to learn to step back every now and then to see the bigger picture.

You are not in this alone. You are not the worst off by a long way. Every situation is manageable.

The story here on APN, settlement, litigation, etc has a long way to run. Where you will be in 5 years time is very different.

Take control. Make sensible plans. Speak to your family and share. Find a friend to share with. Speak to others in the same position. Keep yourself informed.

If you do feel yourself sliding down, seek help as soon as possible. There's nothing very macho about being ill, refusing to accept it and being a burden to those around you. I can tell you from personal experience that admitting there might be an issue and dealing with it is therapy in itself.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I have had about 5 people PM me since a post a couple of months ago.

I have been through it all and am quite happy to give specific advice to individual circumstances.

In general, I strongly advise seeing your doctor and being honest with them.

You are not alone.

Comment

Working...
        X