• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BUDGET - JULY 8th - wish list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wish : that SOME constraints be imposed on HMRC so that APNs are only issued in cases of genuine delaying or stalling or other unwillingness to cooperate by the customer (that's how they refer to refer to us now, I believe.
    After all, wasn't it how this POS legislation was sold to Parliament ??
    Wouldn't be quite the same as an amnesty, just putting execution in line with the "spirit of the law"!!!

Yes, I know I am dreaming with my eyes open
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I'm guessing something on tax avoidance From George Osborne's speech last night:

I trust that they will not be surprised when we act again in the Budget next month to find further savings in public expenditure.

Nor should they be surprised by the further action we will take against tax avoidance and aggressive tax planning, for we will do this fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
        "Nor should they be surprised by the further action we will take against tax avoidance and aggressive tax planning, for we will do this fairly"
        So, one-trick-pony Gideon is at it again. Can't he see this horse is deader than dead already? You can stop beating now, G.

When the Tories promise they'll do something "fairly", you know it's time to run to the bomb shelters as disaster is about to strike.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
        X