• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
    At the current landscape, I would say I base myself Hong Kong but come over here a few times a yr for work where we will have an office here.
    If you have an office in UK and do work in UK you will have to pay UK taxes. Unless you are Google, FB, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      If you have an office in UK and do work in UK you will have to pay UK taxes. Unless you are Google, FB, etc.
      I have an office in the UK and work in the UK, but the work in the UK generates no profit for my company, since they hire me out for £1000 a day, but the parent company in Luxembourg charges them £1200 a day for my services, therefore no taxes are due in the UK. Simples. (That's (simplified) how Google etc. do it).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
        Guys I am not saying to skip the country without settling you affairs (of which we all think is BS)
        Not all think it's BS.

Just need to pick your destination very carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I have an office in the UK and work in the UK, but the work in the UK generates no profit for my company, since they hire me out for £1000 a day, but the parent company in Luxembourg charges them £1200 a day for my services, therefore no taxes are due in the UK. Simples. (That's (simplified) how Google etc. do it).
          If only it was so simple everyone would be doing it. Then again lots of people where/are gullible enough to sign for all the schemes these sub-forum is dedicated to, so you might be able to convince them your Simples scheme could work.

Comment

I looked into a HK move a while back, but financially it wasn't really viable. Yes the tax rates are low, but for me the salaries were nothing like London rates, and once you have paid a small ransom for a flat the size of a postage stamp there is little left over. Not to mention the three kids I'd need to privately educate. Were I do move it would be Australia or NZ, if they'd have me.

Comment

After my recent trip to Moscow I fancy a stint there, tax is 15% and with a 'Krisha' to help you probably 0%.

They have a highly skilled visa like our old HSMP ie not tied to an employer and u only need to earn £23k a year to qualify

Comment

Working...
              X