• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant not an MSC supplier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant not an MSC supplier

Accountant accused of being an MSC provider wins tax case - 22 Sep 2015 - Accountancy Age

Apologies as I don't yet have just the case location.

This case is worth a scan. Essentially HMRC wanted the accountant/agent to supply lots of information on the MSC's that they set up and managed. Due to a deficiency in the statutory request made, it was held that the accountant did not need to reply as they did not "supply" MSC's but rather managed them.

There is a lot of noise around the case and a lot of argument advanced around the health issues of the players (I hope all is well now), but ultimately HMRC lost because they did not follow the rules or understand what their information powers were and how they could be used.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Working...
X