• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray Group (Rangers) tax case - decision today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really as presumably they can now go after every football club in the land for unpaid PAYE as every football club in the land operated similar schemes.

Say bye bye to Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whysoserious View Post
      Not really as presumably they can now go after every football club in the land for unpaid PAYE as every football club in the land operated similar schemes.

Not so sure that other clubs did.

My involvement in that world is limited but of the three I do know something about, they either never used this type of scheme or abandoned it and have reached an agreement with HMRC long ago.

If however the scheme was popular in the sports companies, why not include rugby, cricket, hockey etc. Perhaps not the stellar numbers or names but a lot of them?
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

There's absolutely not a shred of evidence to support your assertion

Hardly. Only Rangers seem to have used this scheme amongst football clubs.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

No doubt the HMRC propaganda machine will spew out more crap using well prepared statements shortly

Comment

In theory, can Rangers/Murray group appeal? Or is this the end of the road?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              There's absolutely not a shred of evidence to support your assertion

Hardly. Only Rangers seem to have used this scheme amongst football clubs.

There are 8 premier league clubs being investigated for using EBTs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think an appeal should be possible but...

Murray Group has no/low funds. I'm presuming (until corrected) that the administrator/liquidator will have to decide if there is any benefit to the creditors in continuing the fight if HMRC stand to take a majority of whatever funds/assets there are.

If their story ends here then we must look elsewhere for an answer and that might be one of the cases being prepared now or some form of HMRC graciousness in victory (and that is as likely as me being declared president of the world tomorrow afternoon).
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Depends. Did they purchase IPSE+?
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

There are 8 premier league clubs being investigated for using EBTs.
                    Yes, I noticed you've started the backstroke.

As I said, there isnt a shred of evidence to support your assertion, which is the clubs you mentioned had used the EBT model never mind its 'bye, bye' to them.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

There are time limits for assessing PAYE.

Other than in the case of fraud, HMRC can only go back 6 years.

That means 2008/9, and prior years, are out of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X