• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC withdrawing 2,000 Montpelier APNs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
    If you paid, hammer them for everything you can!
    No, I didn't pay, but that doesn't mean a big bill with interest isn't still outstanding...

I'm interested in what this means, with regards to further appeals ....Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddha View Post
      No, I didn't pay, but that doesn't mean a big bill with interest isn't still outstanding...

I'm interested in what this means, with regards to further appeals ....Anyone know?
      APNs never had any bearing on the underlying tax dispute. HMRC withdrawing them just puts you back to where you were 6 months or so ago. You get to hold the money until the appeals are finalised.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddha View Post

No impact on further appeals, HMRC are just telling us they should not have sent APNS for this scheme as non dotas hall marks.

Well I have paid the APNs so waiting the same response that APNs will be withdrawn.
        For me Ill will just use to pay other APNs, as this will help due to them requiring stupid amounts within 12 months.

But for me the debt still exists with interest increasing.

Comment

Montpelier received official confirmation from HMRC, this morning, that all APNs are being withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Montpelier received official confirmation from HMRC, this morning, that all APNs are being withdrawn.
            Presumably no sensible reason but a "sorry for the inconvenience"?
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Response from Montpelier

As far as I am aware, we will not be incurring additional costs taking forward a JR when the APN's are being withdrawn.

As advised below, no payment is due in respect of the APN, it may become due at some stage on the eventual outcome of the Huitson case.

Comment

Out of the 2000 Montpelier APNs, does anyone know how many have been paid?

Comment

Great news for you guys!

Will this news be 'leaked' to the Press?

Comment

Working...
                  X