• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Scheme Enquiries: Network One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Where did it all go wrong View Post
    My main point is not the cost - but the fact that there has been nothing of note done to date. If Webberg is only starting first litigation steps NOW as per his post, then BG is 5 YEARS away from any JR ruling. 5 years from now not 5 years from when they first started paying.
    The announcement of the LC in 2016 did throw a massive spanner in the works. I know at the time many advisors were saying that there was little point litigating the underlying tax dispute when the LC trumped everything.

Having said that, there's no doubt WTT have been slow though, because other groups have already had cases heard and decided.

The bigger question for me is how can WTT achieve a different outcome, with essentially the same PAYE argument as all the other cases which have been lost? You wouldn't mind waiting a few years if there was a realistic chance, but is there?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Vultures

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
      Rr

Agree. Network One are long gone and are the sharks that have taken more than a pound of flesh. Just to say - beware the vultures that are after their pickings....
      I wonder who the vultures are

Comment

Originally posted by Gumper View Post
        I wonder who the vultures are
        Who do you think? And why have you picked up on a post from a year and a half ago? Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
          Who do you think? And why have you picked up on a post from a year and a half ago? Interesting!
          Only realised recently who the vultures are

Comment

Settlement for loan scheme network one

Hi All
            Just received a letter from HMRC which requesting 6 figures bill !related to tax avoidance and loan scheme, I worked via Network one from 2011-2016 and since then I left them and worked as employee on PAYE, not sure how they are expecting us to pay this huge sum specially in this current situation!
            Any one else have received such inviting letter from HMRC!
            Any advice please?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac01 View Post
              Hi All
              Just received a letter from HMRC which requesting 6 figures bill !related to tax avoidance and loan scheme, I worked via Network one from 2011-2016 and since then I left them and worked as employee on PAYE, not sure how they are expecting us to pay this huge sum specially in this current situation!
              Any one else have received such inviting letter from HMRC!
              Any advice please?
              Is your figures based on figures provided by yourself. Is it a settlement offer prior to the loan charge in September
              I just settled myself

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                The Police investigate criminal matters.

There is no suggestion that Network One has been involved in a criminal offence.

Issues such as mis-selling, mis-representation and incorrect information persuading you to buy a product are covered by civil laws. Where the issue if goods and services, probably trading standards.

Where the above relates to financial matters, the governing body is usually the FCA.

I e

However, NONE of the promoters, lenders, agents, schemes, was regulated by the FCA then or now. Consequently, there is no course of action.

Most promoters were not members of professional organisations that applied minimum standards or carried insurance. Therefore there is no recourse there.

In short, you were offered a scheme with certain assurances that meant then and mean now, nothing.

There is nothing here for any body to investigate and prosecute.

You may have a claim if a professional accountant looked at the situation and told you, in writing, that it was "good" and did not give you adequate risk warnings.

otherwise it was caveat emptor and if you believed the "assurances" without checking, I'm afraid that without spending a lot of money and time in creating a cause of action, your best approach is to write the past off to experience and deal with the consequences today.
                I completely diagree with you. I have at least 20 different emails where Network One have stated they are HMRC COMPLIANT. It is a crminal matter when 10s of 1000s of people have been conned out of millions of pounds by them. Trading standards told me to take it to the serious fraud office . This is not a civil matter at all. On top of that they have cost the lives of numerous victims who have commited suicide as a result and yet you are practically defending them and there actions. Where is the directors of Network One now I hope they rot for what they don

Comment

Originally posted by Gumper View Post
                  Is your figures based on figures provided by yourself. Is it a settlement offer prior to the loan charge in September
                  I just settled myself

I sent them the number and they were asking for 33k settlement for 2011/2012 Then they suspended it but after few months they added 2013/14/15/16 and ask settlement 140k!!
                  I will really appreciate your advise I am just confused
                  Can I contact by email if you don’t mind it will be quicker can send you the HMRC letter.
                  Last edited by cojak; 13 July 2020, 06:24. Reason: Removed email address.

Comment

Posting email addresses is not permitted in this part of the forum, mac01.

I will ask Admin to give you pm rights.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks ?

Comment

Working...
                      X