• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm coming to the conclusion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new bill must be approved by each house of Parliament. It would not hurt if people contacted their MPs or wrote to members of the Lords. These are the people who pass acts of law.

Comment

I'm also voting for Brexit. My view is that David Cameron and George Osbourne will have to step down if we leave the EU and other matters of law will become more important than persecuting contractors.

The political landscape could change quite quickly and there will be a massive legal rewrite concerning are changed status.

We might drop down the list of legislative priorities for Parliament and case law.

Comment

Been that done that. It is no more about legal or not legal - it is about whether current chancellor can be next PM or not. He wants to be and thus will do all to get money in coffers to please the crowds. It is simple maths - destroy couple of 100,000 families but gain votes from a couple of million. With legislation , u don't have an option but to give what HMRC ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
          Been that done that. It is no more about legal or not legal - it is about whether current chancellor can be next PM or not. He wants to be and thus will do all to get money in coffers to please the crowds. It is simple maths - destroy couple of 100,000 families but gain votes from a couple of million. With legislation , u don't have an option but to give what HMRC ask for.
          The irony is that he could put many thousands of people on the streets - or, into a council house.... in the grand scheme of things, who wins then?

I was 'luckier' than some, i was only in a scheme over three financial years (24 months in total) and only earnt 50 to 60k through EBT's but to repay anything in a lump sum will make be bankrupt.

Is bankruptcy a way out of repaying the money?

Comment

Yes and the problem for George is that the Tory party is split 50/50 on Brexit. The brexit 50% takeover once we leave the EU.

Budget promises die with George and Dave

They are so desperate that they are negotiating with the EU on Tampon Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Wow, top result. Well done. I believe many will follow you the next few years.
              Obviously there are a lot of Brits and expats from other European countries down this way.

10 out of 10 I speak to will never return to the UK.

Gone down the drain. Disgusting sh!thole.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
                I'm also voting for Brexit. My view is that David Cameron and George Osbourne will have to step down if we leave the EU and other matters of law will become more important than persecuting contractors.

The political landscape could change quite quickly and there will be a massive legal rewrite concerning are changed status.

We might drop down the list of legislative priorities for Parliament and case law.
                Ultimately Osborne's future is linked to Cameron & EU staying in, the ONLY way to remove him and hopefully have a different focus in the Treasury is to vote to leave.

Anyone who is any doubt of how vindictive and malicious Osborne & Gauke are, should read the Budget notes in full. Nasty people need to be taught a lesson. Vote Leave to fight back!
                http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
                  Any new bill must be approved by each house of Parliament. It would not hurt if people contacted their MPs or wrote to members of the Lords. These are the people who pass acts of law.
                  NTRT tried that. As I predicted, it got nowhere.

Guy fawkes had the right idea.

Comment

I have no issue with the changes if prospective. It is the retrospective nature that gets me. And failure to act against big business.

Comment

Tax charge fall on the employer, not the empoyee

Detail 15 of the technical notes states the new tax charge falls on the employer, not the employee.

"15. Since the new charge will be part of Part 7A the charge will fall on the relevant employer in the first instance. "

Comment

Working...
                      X