• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm coming to the conclusion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whysoserious View Post
    Detail 15 of the technical notes states the new tax charge falls on the employer, not the employee.

"15. Since the new charge will be part of Part 7A the charge will fall on the relevant employer in the first instance. "

in the first instance

There's also a bit in this budget, which I don't have at hand and which says that if HMRC cannot "collect" from the employer, they can do so from the employee.
    Also, there were many "self-employed" structures past-2011.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I will everything against conservatives forever - EU out, London mayor - whatever doesn't matter as long as it is against conservatives.

The precedence which they are setting will come and bite them but by that time we will fu**ed. They are removing right to justice through courts and for some reason courts are not saying a word.

Comment

While this galls me to say, life was actually better under Tony Blair.

I'll never vote Tory again. You can argue that they are just cleaning up Labour's mess, but the way they have gone about it makes you think that you're living in North Korea.

The principal of innocent until proven guilty has under pinned English law for centuries. The Magna Carter was all about the crown not being able to appropriate private assets for its own purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
          While this galls me to say, life was actually better under Tony Blair.

I'll never vote Tory again. You can argue that they are just cleaning up Labour's mess, but the way they have gone about it makes you think that you're living in North Korea.

The principal of innocent until proven guilty has under pinned English law for centuries. The Magna Carter was all about the crown not being able to appropriate private assets for its own purpose.
          You really don't get it do you?

HMRC run the government. It makes no difference who you vote for.

Comment

No, I've shared those thoughts for a while now. The veil on the sham that we call Democracy has been lifted long ago.

Your cross every four/five years makes little/no difference as the vast majority of seats are "safe".

Comment

Am I right in seeing that loans which have been subject to paye and NI will not be double taxed?

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
                No, I've shared those thoughts for a while now. The veil on the sham that we call Democracy has been lifted long ago.

Your cross every four/five years makes little/no difference as the vast majority of seats are "safe".
                +1

And UKIP got 12% of vote at last election. 0.15% of the seats.

How fortunate that most voters in the UK are thick.

Comment

Quote of the day from Steve Crab the new welfare minister...

'Behind every statistic there is a human being and perhaps sometimes in Government we forget that.'

Let's hope the same realisation occurs on retrospective Tax changes. Now would be a great time for our struggle to gain a platform.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
                    Quote of the day from Steve Crab the new welfare minister...

'Behind every statistic there is a human being and perhaps sometimes in Government we forget that.'

Let's hope the same realisation occurs on retrospective Tax changes. Now would be a great time for our struggle to gain a platform.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                      Am I right in seeing that loans which have been subject to paye and NI will not be double taxed?
                      Yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X